Dogs of the Pro Peloton

Given the large amount of time I've had on my hands.... I've spent the last month or so deciding which dog breed would be best at which job in the Pro Peloton; the pintpot Chihuahua- fearsome climber- the Rottweiler power sprinter.......I've ended up building a website of cycling dogs and their team:

https://dogsofthepropeloton.com/

Here's Hank Boston the old pro.
Enjoy!

Comments

• My staffie would indeed by an ideal sprint lead out.
  • The Staffie is big old unit- perfect to push a hole through the air.

• Excellent work!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Very silly and probably the most original thing I've seen in Cake Stop in a long time B) I really like it, despite having minimal interest in pro pelotons.

If I send you a pic of my Cockerpoos, could you knock up a similar pic? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Where does a Cockerpoo fit within the hierarchy of a bike team? A town-centre crit dog? It's pretty good at on-off power- lightwight but not that big an engine- or maybe something like the springer spaniel which is perfect for CX?
  • We had a Jack Russell before, and you are right again - he would definitely have been a Thomas De Gendt type. Out of control, tenacious and always pointlessly trying to escape or launch an attack for no reason.
  • Stevo_666

Where does a Cockerpoo fit within the hierarchy of a bike team? A town-centre crit dog? It's pretty good at on-off power- lightwight but not that big an engine- or maybe something like the springer spaniel which is perfect for CX?

I reckon your first suggestion about being a town centre critic dog is a good one, as they can't match Springers for sheer running ability.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yeah a Cockerpoo is a bit more suited to very short sprints- it gets up to max speed pretty quickly but runs out of puff. I don't actually have a town centre crit dog in the team yet...
  • Stevo_666

Yeah a Cockerpoo is a bit more suited to very short sprints- it gets up to max speed pretty quickly but runs out of puff. I don't actually have a town centre crit dog in the team yet...

Do you want a pic or two?