Witty title Wednesday

Non working day today.
Forecast looks good so might go for a ride before assembling some furniture.

Offered to do a Skype meeting with someone this afternoon to get a project moving but they've not arranged a time.

Comments

• Morning, brighter start today, tigger walked, just popped some bread in the toaster might have a couple of lightly poached eggs with it, cycling, shopping later
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    'ning

coffee, wfh, nap, wfh, tdf still flat, nap, tdf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wife and kids fed watered and packed off to school. Wfh writting random stuff.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Hounds walked and bumped into a pal who can lend me some waterproof trousers so kit list almost complete.

Work stuff and chill later
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, apparently down this end of the world we had an earthquake, I think I recall the noise which I put down to the dog doing her usual "ill lay her" where by she see a spot, an just falls sideways with a thud.

Anyway dull an dreary today, few bits of new IT kit arriving for me today as my keyboard has declined to use the letter A any further, rest of the keys in that row are getting iffy so usual membrane keyboard failure.
    Pedal later dragging some people round with me they want to ride further than they have before, not hard none of them have done more than 20 mile in one ride, somehow think a chaingang is out of the question though with this lot.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    tlw1 said:

Hounds walked and bumped into a pal who can lend me some waterproof trousers so kit list almost complete.

What's the event/adventure?

Strangely no meetings today as had two big scheduled ones cancelled. So will get shot of the packaging for the roofbox that turned up the other day as it's clogging up the garage.

Stropteen was meant to get a moving in day from Liverpool uni but their website crashed last night and we're none the wiser yet. There are probably some busy spouse IT support people right now as they probably had calls from a few thousand others in the same position.

An exciting day beckons.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    edited September 2020
    a few unis are undergoing cyberattack, at least a couple have been penetrated so far...
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

a few unis are undergoing cyberattack, at least a couple have been penetrated so far...

It's only the accommodation department part of the Liverpool uni that isnt working at the moment, so not sure the hackers have chosen the best target if it is a hack. They told us to try later this morning.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    step83 said:

Pedal later dragging some people round with me they want to ride further than they have before, not hard none of them have done more than 20 mile in one ride, somehow think a chaingang is out of the question though with this lot.

Wear gloves - 'cos folks like that lot could pull you off.

We used to take the newbies out on a Wednesday. They would go a bit red in the face and their awareness of what was going on around them wasn't that good.
    One kiddie followed me and a regular up a small hill. Fair play to him except we weren't going that quick. He was huffing and puffing. We got to the top, stopped and he keeled over.

I was going to pedal but it's on hold with wet stuff falling.

TdF looked great yesterday with 92km's to go, splits galore then it got dull all of a sudden. That cross/head wind wasn't nearly strong enough.
    And Brian Smith talking bollox at one point. Wind was coming from the right hand side clearly - as you could see from the flags and he was saying that the guys on the left were getting no shelter. Really? They were all getting shelter and the front of the peloton was spread right across the road given the guys on the left were in the lee of the wind.
    Sunweb and a few others should have gone right over to the left hand side of the road if they wanted to make life hard but they didn't. Couldn't work that one out but then Sunweb haven't exactly lead the train very well.
    Maybe they are still practicing.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    tlw1 said:

Hounds walked and bumped into a pal who can lend me some waterproof trousers so kit list almost complete

I've got some fluorescent yellow ones you can borrow,
    100% waterproof 0% breathable :wink:

• tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

An ultra in the Lake District 😬
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Hounds walked and bumped into a pal who can lend me some waterproof trousers so kit list almost complete

I've got some fluorescent yellow ones you can borrow,
    100% waterproof 0% breathable :wink:

Doesn’t matter what colour they sit in the pack and never get used, along with the compass, emergency blanket, coat, extra tops, etc, etc
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Given your love of pain and suffering I think you need to pack a gimp suit as well :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Wear gloves - 'cos folks like that lot could pull you off.

We used to take the newbies out on a Wednesday. They would go a bit red in the face and their awareness of what was going on around them wasn't that good.
    One kiddie followed me and a regular up a small hill. Fair play to him except we weren't going that quick. He was huffing and puffing. We got to the top, stopped and he keeled over.

I was going to pedal but it's on hold with wet stuff falling.

TdF looked great yesterday with 92km's to go, splits galore then it got dull all of a sudden. That cross/head wind wasn't nearly strong enough.
    And Brian Smith talking bollox at one point. Wind was coming from the right hand side clearly - as you could see from the flags and he was saying that the guys on the left were getting no shelter. Really? They were all getting shelter and the front of the peloton was spread right across the road given the guys on the left were in the lee of the wind.
    Sunweb and a few others should have gone right over to the left hand side of the road if they wanted to make life hard but they didn't. Couldn't work that one out but then Sunweb haven't exactly lead the train very well.
    Maybe they are still practicing.

Always do, though may slap on the old MTB gloves, save the castellis for when I'm not in danger of being tugged over. I reckon one will be fine they run, other, dunno she should be OK
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Given your love of pain and suffering I think you need to pack a gimp suit as well :)
    Can’t - returned it to pino yesterday 😢
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

:smiley:

He needs it, his dungeon must be getting cold this time of year.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

What a mess. That's the last time you're borrowing it. It stinks of ale and it's covered in mud.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

What a mess. That's the last time you're borrowing it. It stinks of ale and it's covered in mud.
    Are you sure that's mud?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Are you sure that's mud?
    It’s a possibility, not 100% sure though
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day of WFH with the usual fending off of silly questions.
    Had a scammer try it on but was too busy to waste his time.
    Being a Wednesday the pub is calling.
  • Stevo_666
    Uni accommodation and drop off date finally sorted after much IT ballsups by the uni: got just under 3 weeks before junior heads for Scouseville. Now looking at hotels in Liverpool for a stopover end of the month.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Good luck with that Stevo. I'm deciding whether or not to be nice to the lad and drive him back to Brum when (if) he goes back.
    He left to go camping in the lakes this morning. They saw the weather forecast and diverted to Dartmoor
  • Stevo_666

Good luck with that Stevo. I'm deciding whether or not to be nice to the lad and drive him back to Brum when (if) he goes back.
    He left to go camping in the lakes this morning. They saw the weather forecast and diverted to Dartmoor

I'll have to take her as she'd be able to fit all her stuff in her car even if she could keep the car up there. She seems to have amassed a huge amount of kit to take to uni already and were not going for nearly 3 weeks.