TDF 2020 - Stage 11 Châtelaillon-Plage - Poitiers 167.5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    Sagan given second on the line - not sure about that.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,212
    One of the closest sprints I've seen. Sagan is going to get relegated there I think.

Ewan takes it by a tyre, Sagan and Bennett virtually inseparable but Sagan given second.
  • Sagan up to his usual tricks. DQF to follow.........with any luck.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    That’s a DQ for me. He had enough room.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    WvA tends to hold his line. Seemed to today.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • I think it's borderline
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Well I knowingly and patronisingly said, " If they let WvA go from there, he's gonna win"

So...shows what I know...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Great sprint,

They've given Sagan 2nd, which is wrong. He should be in last place.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Wow! Tight finish! Well done Caleb!
  • ddraver
    edited September 2020
    "Classements provisional" Remember...
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Sagan DQ yes or no ?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Sagan shouldn't get away with that.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Pross
    Looked like a deliberate shoulder on Bennett that almost knocked him into Ewan.
  • Looked like that Sagan barge took WVA's momentum away there, so I'd be surprised if nothing happens.

Cracking finish in terms of closeness though.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,127
    edited September 2020
    Pross said:

Shoulder on Van Aert.

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2020
    Not only did it effect WvA's sprint, but Bennetts, too.
    That's why his lunge was late and he missed out for second.

Rick will rightly be around with his red card.
    (stage only mind)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Sagan DQ yes or no ?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Sagan going to claim safety from barriers ..I would dq him thou
  • 50x11
    Yeah, he goes in again on the line. If they do nothing it shows they'll have learnt nothing from Poland.
  • Pross

Pross said:

Shoulder on Van Aert.

Yep, knew he got someone and made them all shuffle over. I suspect with most other riders that would have caused a crash.
  • Pross

Sagan DQ yes or no ?

Should be a stage relegation for me. Would really mess up his green jersey chances too.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    Seeing it again from differnet angles, that should be a DQ.
    Very, very lucky not to have taken them all down.
  • ddraver

Sagan DQ yes or no ?

Yes,

We all said after Gronewegen that one of the problems was that riders weren't punished for dangerous manouvers when they had no consequence. Well, that was one of them.
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Sagan lurch was at a barrier kick.out ... WVA may let it go.
  • Sagan DQ yes or no ?

I think he will be but not sure I agree
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • richard_t._biscuit
    richard_t._biscuit Posts: 246
    edited September 2020

I think it's borderline

Same. It depends what they're going for with their interpretation of the rules this year. If they're going for the tough but not actively violent is allowed then he might just get away with it. Trying to get around against on the wall side usually helps the case as does no helmet involved.
  • From the front on replay you'd think that if Sagan hadn't gone for a second go he might have nicked it. Had to chase WVA a long way sideways to get there.
  • 50x11
    ddraver said:

Sagan DQ yes or no ?

Yes,

We all said after Gronewegen that one of the problems was that riders weren't punished for dangerous manouvers when they had no consequence. Well, that was one of them.
    I agree with this. No bigger name to make an example of and he obv has previous in this very race for dangerous manoeuvres.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    There wasn't really a gap there; you can't make one by barging into another rider - it should be a DSQ, but probably won't be.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I'm not sure he'll get DQed for that. It looked more accidental contact to me.

And that opinion will seal Sagan's fate.
    Twitter: @RichN95