TDF 2020 - Stage 11 Châtelaillon-Plage - Poitiers 167.5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    edited September 2020
    Incidentally, I'd have thought a bigger break would have suited Bennett in terms of intermediate sprint points being hoovered up.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Brutal from Millar just then:

"French TV were talking about what was going through Ladagnous' mind at a moment like this-"
    "Regret."
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    DeadCalm said:

Incidentally, I'd have thought a bigger break would have suited Bennett in terms of intermediate sprint points being hoovered up.

I think he's comfortable he can finish in front of Sagan an increase his lead.
  • I think I have just emerged from a Coma....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Very tour de France vibe today
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    edited September 2020
    Wrong thread sorry
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Poor old Muhlberger, painful to watch
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Sam making intermediate sprint look easy.
  • DeadCalm
    Pross said:

DeadCalm said:

I think he's comfortable he can finish in front of Sagan an increase his lead.
    Good call.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    edited September 2020
    Popped over to T-A for a bit. See poor old Ladagnous' torment continues. If I were him, I'd be tempted to hide in the bushes until the peloton has gone past.
    Team My Man 2022:

• Pross
    Wind becoming a possible concern according to Stephens. I don't see it myself but live in hope. I suspect teams are just reaching that stage where they want to be near the front in case of mishaps.
  • inseine said:

Poor old Muhlberger, painful to watch

He looks like he's auditioning to be one of Pinot's domestiques, next year.
  • Pross
    Never seen someone so happy to get caught.
  • DeadCalm
    Pross said:

Wind becoming a possible concern according to Stephens. I don't see it myself but live in hope. I suspect teams are just reaching that stage where they want to be near the front in case mishaps.

Ineos not on the front = echelons not imminent
    Team My Man 2022:

• Pross
    Muhlberger finally calls it a day.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,509
    Brian Smith was talking up Sagan's ability to get points back in the mountains. I don't think he has seen the profiles and placing of the intermediate sprints.
  • Pross
    Crash, Ion Izaguirre looking in bad shape.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2020
    Looks awful.

He really doesn't have any luck with crashes at Le Tour.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876
    Pross said:

Crash, Ion Izaguirre looking in bad shape.

Just turned on to see him sat on the side of the road. He didn't look in a good way at all. Has now abandoned.
  • JJ Rojas wins today's "distress your kit" award.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Looked like an EF soigneur trying to hand out feedbags at 18 kms to go! No one took the bait though!
  • Boulting starting to get on my nerves.
    Useless at rider recognition and now talking bo!locks about the race looking different because it's September.
    IF it looks at all different, it's in respect of the crowds, not the bleeding shadows.
  • DeadCalm

Boulting starting to get on my nerves.
    Useless at rider recognition and now talking bo!locks about the race looking different because it's September.
    IF it looks at all different, it's in respect of the crowds, not the bleeding shadows.

He's still not Kirby though.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Cousin looking like he's itching to make a move off the back.
    Team My Man 2022:

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Got attacked by a "Bora Hansgroe" rider on the downhill today...cheeky sods!

Doesn't look like I missed anything
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Yeah take a flyer
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    edited September 2020
    Jungles not a complete impossibility from here....

Edit: I didn't say it was likely!
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Oooh Peter!!
    - @ddraver
  • Bit naughty from Sagan?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Spinters all across the road.