A Wednesday Quiz

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,153
It's a sprint stage, so to pass seven minutes, here's a quiz. Can you name the 20 current riders who have won stages in all three Grand Tours

https://www.sporcle.com/games/RichN95/2020-cyclists-with-tour-giro--vuelta-stage-wins
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,341
    edited September 2020
    I got 8. Failed on a German and a Brit.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,619
    13 for me which is below average apparently.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470

Same for me...

I was about to list the ones I didn't get. Doh! :D
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • If the question is "Can you name... Etc." then the answer is no, and I win.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,535

The averages on Sporcle are messed up as people will keep trying until they get them all right.

I did a few cycling quizzes on there in the past and noticed Rich had created them.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    18 with help from the wife.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    A feeble 12. There were a couple I can't believe I didn't get.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Somehow managed 16, after spending ages thinking I was misspelling one of the 2020 riders I discovered I'd missed what should have been an easy one. The other 3 were a bit tougher but really should have got them.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Average apparently now... We have obviously skewed it.

I got the top 5 quite easily, then I was pretty much just naming cyclists as they popped into my head. If I had kept going for longer I would probably have got there just by process of elimination (it's not like I haven't heard of any of them)
  • TheBigBean
    edited September 2020

Average apparently now... We have obviously skewed it.

I got the top 5 quite easily, then I was pretty much just naming cyclists as they popped into my head. If I had kept going for longer I would probably have got there just by process of elimination (it's not like I haven't heard of any of them)
    Excellent, if everyone could keep up the good work, I could be above average soon.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,341
    m.r.m. said:

I got 8. Failed on a German and a Brit.

Edit: I meant 18. Missed on 2.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    How about another quiz for the weekend. Name the countries that have had a Yellow Jersey wearer

https://www.sporcle.com/games/RichN95/tour-de-france-yellow-jersey-wearers-by-country
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    21/25. I wasted a fair amount of time on the assumption that a certain rider must have worn yellow at some point and thinking I must have misspelled the country.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • TheBigBean
    22. Below average again. Usually quite good at naming countries though.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    All 25 but it took me far too long to get one, even though I knew who'd won the Tour that year and I hadn't put his country in.
  • Pross
    edited September 2020
    20, I missed an absolute sitter and another where I can now remember them talking about it being the first yellow jersey for the country.

Edit - to make matters worse I've actually spent an afternoon riding and chatting with the person responsible for one of the answers I missed!