Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

TDF 2020 - Stage 10: Île d'Oléron Le Château-d'Oléron>Île de Ré Saint-Martin-de-Ré 168.5k *Spoiler*

123457»

Posts

  • Errrrr, :o:D

    Bet Luke Rowe had a few comments at dinner

    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

    @DrHeadgear

    The Vikings are coming!
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 61,048 Lives Here
    Phew Ewan didn’t win
  • Treks new Tour kit really doesn't work for me.

    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 24,109

    Errrrr, :o:D

    Bet Luke Rowe had a few comments at dinner

    I can see what he was going for. Wouldve looked good in the Belstaff Catalogue....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 24,109
    Oh..OHHHH!! Not from the side though!!!!

    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Could this be the first tour that the Lanterne Rouge is awarded by the jury to a hair cut?

    That is spectacularly awful.
  • m.r.m.m.r.m. Posts: 2,610
    Never before has a emo haircut described Pinot's feelings this well.
    PTP Champion 2019
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 25,906
    edited September 2020
    Egan Bernal gets a pass on the worst look of the day as this has come to my attention. What is that tattooed on Nico Roche's. Maybe some words from one Ireland's great poets like Seamus Heaney or WB Yeats. But no, it's lyrics to an Ed Sheeran song (feat. Andrea Bocelli)



    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.m.r.m. Posts: 2,610
    edited September 2020
    In his defense, he has started the removal process.
    PTP Champion 2019
  • mididoctorsmididoctors Posts: 11,273

    Pross said:

    Thought Bennett had gone too early again there but had the strength this time. All Sunweb's work counted for nothing, ran out of men when it counted.

    Way way way too early to take it up at 3 k
    They had men left in the finale, the problem was Asgreen dumped Mørkøv and Bennet into their train.
    They could come up I guess . Not going fast enough head wind . ... Yeah I think you right .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ProssPross Posts: 31,674
    andyp said:

    He came 22nd last year. I think it's very straightforward to ghost into the lower reaches of the top 25 without being seen.

    I'm confusing him with someone else then unless he was up there until the final few stages.
  • Pross said:

    Thought Bennett had gone too early again there but had the strength this time. All Sunweb's work counted for nothing, ran out of men when it counted.

    Way way way too early to take it up at 3 k
    They had men left in the finale, the problem was Asgreen dumped Mørkøv and Bennet into their train.
    They could come up I guess . Not going fast enough head wind . ... Yeah I think you right .
    Sunweb train was pretty seriously screwed up. Last man should have been Casper Pedersen but he'd been in a crash so they moved him earlier. He wasn't happy, says every time he's not last the train gets ruined. There were some serious lost wheels, and QS superb to exploit it.
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

    @DrHeadgear

    The Vikings are coming!
  • Pross said:

    andyp said:

    He came 22nd last year. I think it's very straightforward to ghost into the lower reaches of the top 25 without being seen.

    I'm confusing him with someone else then unless he was up there until the final few stages.
    He did a lot of work for Alaphilippe, he was up there on GC but lost a bit of time on the Tourmalet and then a lot of time the day after.
  • bobmcstuffbobmcstuff Posts: 10,390
    RichN95. said:

    Egan Bernal gets a pass on the worst look of the day as this has come to my attention. What is that tattooed on Nico Roche's. Maybe some words from one Ireland's great poets like Seamus Heaney or WB Yeats. But no, it's lyrics to an Ed Sheeran song (feat. Andrea Bocelli)



    My respect for Nico Roche has decreased a lot. Ed Sheeran, really??
  • TheBigBeanTheBigBean Posts: 16,254
    RichN95. said:

    Egan Bernal gets a pass on the worst look of the day as this has come to my attention. What is that tattooed on Nico Roche's. Maybe some words from one Ireland's great poets like Seamus Heaney or WB Yeats. But no, it's lyrics to an Ed Sheeran song (feat. Andrea Bocelli)



    Having the lyrics on your back is not that useful unless you have at least two mirrors to hand.
  • dish_dashdish_dash Posts: 5,330

    RichN95. said:

    Egan Bernal gets a pass on the worst look of the day as this has come to my attention. What is that tattooed on Nico Roche's. Maybe some words from one Ireland's great poets like Seamus Heaney or WB Yeats. But no, it's lyrics to an Ed Sheeran song (feat. Andrea Bocelli)



    Having the lyrics on your back is not that useful unless you have at least two mirrors to hand.
    Unless its his other half that likes reading the lyrics... ;)
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,860
    Surely if you liked some lyrics enough to get them tattooed on your back, you'd know them off by heart already?
  • Every time he shows that off I hope someone goes "Ooh, well look at the shape of you" and he gets all peed off because "that's a different song, actually" and then everybody starts feeling really awkward.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 24,109
    edited September 2020
    Wrong thread
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
Sign In or Register to comment.