TDF 2020 - Stage 10: Île d'Oléron Le Château-d'Oléron>Île de Ré Saint-Martin-de-Ré 168.5k *Spoiler*

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Sagan was 3rd which means Bennett into green?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    Thought Bennett had gone too early again there but had the strength this time. All Sunweb's work counted for nothing, ran out of men when it counted.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645

Sagan was 3rd which means Bennett into green?

Think.so
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Bennett too strong into the headwind, unlike at Sisteron.
    Back into the Emerald jersey.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff
    Naww, Bennett very emotional
  • mididoctors
    Bennet tears ...awwww
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    G'waaan yourself Sam!

That was a bit fun in the end eh?once again I swear David Millar commentates on a stream 10 secs ahead of everyone else...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Sobbing Sam.
    Stiff upper lip, man.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Thought Bennett had gone too early again there but had the strength this time. All Sunweb's work counted for nothing, ran out of men when it counted.

Way way way too early to take it up at 3 k
  • bobmcstuff
    Sunweb, lol...
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    SAM!!
  • Pross said:

Way way way too early to take it up at 3 k
    They had men left in the finale, the problem was Asgreen dumped Mørkøv and Bennet into their train.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    im wondering now if there are any mountain stages where Sagan can score without Bennett. Doesnt look like many chances as all the sprints are early.

Big Sagan fan, but a green jersey where he has to fight for it means so much more.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    sherer said:

im wondering now if there are any mountain stages where Sagan can score without Bennett. Doesnt look like many chances as all the sprints are early.

Big Sagan fan, but a green jersey where he has to fight for it means so much more.

I'd say Bennett was favourite for green right now given the differential between points for stage wins and points for intermediate sprints.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    Movistar adopting a kind of Zubeldia approach to the team classification. Two top 10 finishes so far (a 10th and a 3rd) and yet they are leading it.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,589
    DeadCalm said:

Movistar adopting a kind of Zubeldia approach to the team classification. Two top 10 finishes so far (a 10th and a 3rd) and yet they are leading it.

Moviestar being Moviestar.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • DeadCalm
    pblakeney said:

DeadCalm said:

Not exactly. Normally you notice Movistar because they're so demonstrably and ostentatiously shooting themselves in the foot in GC. This year they've been virtually invisible.
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    DeadCalm said:

Bardat is doing a Zubekdia
  • ddraver
    DeadCalm said:

pblakeney said:

DeadCalm said:

Not exactly. Normally you notice Movistar because they're so demonstrably and ostentatiously shooting themselves in the foot in GC. This year they've been virtually invisible.
    They have the cojones!!!
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm

DeadCalm said:

Ah, I was trying to think of a GC guy who was fulfilling that role. Bardet is close, but he did slightly stick his head above the parapet on stage 8 in a way that Zubeldia would never have done. He just needs to try slightly harder.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm said:

sherer said:

I'd say Bennett was favourite for green right now given the differential between points for stage wins and points for intermediate sprints.
    Bennett still has to get to Paris, that's a lot hills to get there. how is he on week three to avoid the broom wagon?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    DeadCalm said:

DeadCalm said:

Ah, I was trying to think of a GC guy who was fulfilling that role. Bardet is close, but he did slightly stick his head above the parapet on stage 8 in a way that Zubeldia would never have done. He just needs to try slightly harder.

Zubeldia wouldn't be top ten this early. You need to look at someone like Mollema, Caruso, Buchmann or Mas.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DeadCalm
    RichN95. said:

DeadCalm said:

DeadCalm said:

Zubeldia wouldn't be top ten this early. You need to look at someone like Mollema, Caruso, Buchmann or Mas.
    Surely Buchmann is too far back? He'd have to do something to get noticed to get a decent finish. Mollema, Caruso and Mas are all excellent shouts.
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    DeadCalm said:

DeadCalm said:

mmm maybe uran but he gets lots of mentions

• Um, can someone confirm griepel made the final sprint today and got some points on the board?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

Um, can someone confirm griepel made the final sprint today and got some points on the board?

He came 6th
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95. said:

Um, can someone confirm griepel made the final sprint today and got some points on the board?

He came 6th
    Thanks, I thought it was a typo error on the letour.fr website.
  • ddraver
    Caught the interview at the end of the highlights...

Neeaawwwww Sammy ☺
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    RichN95. said:

DeadCalm said:

DeadCalm said:

Didn't Mas play the role last year?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    He came 22nd last year. I think it's very straightforward to ghost into the lower reaches of the top 25 without being seen.