TDF 2020 - Stage 10: Île d'Oléron Le Château-d'Oléron>Île de Ré Saint-Martin-de-Ré 168.5k *Spoiler*

Comments

• Bewley abandoned

:'(

And Kirby has just come on the commentary
    Sounds more like Chris Anker Sørensen to me. 😉
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • pat1cp said:

jeezus, this is going to be dull as ditch-water. Although it might send the riders to sleep and give us some knee graze action to spice it up.

That aged well :D
    yup, as predictable as my PTP picks. although I called the knee graze action..
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Ineos quite far back and eating so presumably no imminent danger of further splits.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Pave now.
  • Heading North East so nothing happening
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Skujins wearing rags...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    We could still have a really fun final few Kms once they head back west. They've had a little practice. I think we'll also have quite a few crashes as everyone is going to be nervous anticipating splits and trying not to get caught out.
  • Another big crash and a few big names involved
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Oof - nasty stage this, and only going to get them more nervy
  • Martin isn't right - looks to be struggling to stay with his teammate
  • DeadCalm
    Crap.

Another big crash and a few big names involved

G Martin and Pog. Balls!
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • The next 30kms are pretty much all headwind so it should all come back together
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Tuned in a lot of crashes . Fighting to get to n the front?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Coquard spent a lot of time behind the team car
  • DeadCalm

The next 30kms are pretty much all headwind so it should all come back together

Pogacar a little banged up.
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    Formolo looks pretty beat up ! Ouchie
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Tuned in a lot of crashes . Fighting to get to n the front?

Bit of that, bit of awkward road layouts. Biggest crash happened on a dead straight bit of road with a touch of wheels towards the back, echelons broke out shortly after and then it all reformed, so possible that one was wind related.
  • mididoctors

Tuned in a lot of crashes . Fighting to get to n the front?

Bit of that, bit of awkward road layouts. Biggest crash happened on a dead straight bit of road with a touch of wheels towards the back, echelons broke out shortly after and then it all reformed, so possible that one was wind related.
    Cheers
  • DeadCalm
    Sprint coming up in 10 kms or so?
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    Cagy
  • Wind has turned to NW and picked up a little, according to DK TV.

Think that buggers echeclons later, more likely to be cross-head than cross-tail.
  • ooooh, shiiit bottle handling skills there. Lucky not to cause a huge pileup
  • Bonus sprint:
    Trentin
    Sagan
    Bennet
  • DeadCalm
    Which way was Eisel facing?
    Team My Man 2022:

• How long was the break away for?

Was it just the impetus of teams wanting to be at the front and out of crosswind troubles that brought the break back?
  • mididoctors
    One long angry peloton
  • DeadCalm
    DQS lost position big time on that roundabout.
    Team My Man 2022:

• Barguil just getting back after that crash.
    That was a heck of a long chase.
    Just in times for eyeballs out in the crosswinds. :D
  • Get the klaxon ready........
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511

Bonus sprint:
    Trentin
    Sagan
    Bennet

WvA doesn't seem to bother with trivial things like the green jersey.