TDF 2020 - Stage 10: Île d'Oléron Le Château-d'Oléron>Île de Ré Saint-Martin-de-Ré 168.5k *Spoiler*

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236

RichN95. said:

dish_dash said:

A member of staff at each of Ineos, Michelton, Cofidis, and AG2R have tested positive and off the race. No impact to riders.

Boardman just made a good point. A team gets thrown out if they have two positives in a seven day period. By getting tested a day early Ineos have ensured that their next test won't be for eight days.

Didn't Michelton get tested a day early, too?
    Smart move. Ahead of the slower witted teams again.
    I mean, aside from the fact it misses the point of the tests but anyway.
  • The yellow flag is waved to set them off. Kind of amusing that the Yellow Jack was the traditional flag to warn that a ship was carrying disease (it now means the opposite - go figure)

Hadn't realised it meant the opposite.
    You'd have thought a flag meaning "stay away" was more useful, wouldn't you? Especially with the recent record of the international cruise industry.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215

An exciting break of 2 lone Swiss

Went very easy and no interest from anyone to get across and join the fun. They're in for a long day but a strong pair to do it.

Let's hope the wind does pick up, there seems to be a bit of wariness by some of the riders.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215

Crashfest ahoy, I reckon. Riders unfocussed by covid test stress and gossip, possible echelon weather and general sprint stage madness.

Apparently the roundabouts in the last 4km have been removed. That's a fair amount of work, probably pushing £1 million to take them out and put them back unless they're small ones.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Pross said:

An exciting break of 2 lone Swiss

Went very easy and no interest from anyone to get across and join the fun. They're in for a long day but a strong pair to do it.

Let's hope the wind does pick up, there seems to be a bit of wariness by some of the riders.
    Isn't the consensus, that echelons are unlikely? Direction will be briefly suitable but not likely to be strong enough?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    Prudie tests positive. Oof.
  • jeezus, this is going to be dull as ditch-water. Although it might send the riders to sleep and give us some knee graze action to spice it up.
  • DeadCalm
    Break being given no leeway whatsoever.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    From the look of those flags, it's breezier than advertised.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Flags looking fairly meh now. Maybe those other ones were being blown by a helicopter? Bunch are super nervous though.

Gap to the break is only 25".
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Ooh. Nearly.
    Team My Man 2022:

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    DeadCalm said:

From the look of those flags, it's breezier than advertised.

Some riders off the back...

• DeadCalm
    Couple of J-V struggling to get back on.
    Team My Man 2022:

• bobmcstuff
    Breaks going to get caught already.

It doesn't look super windy but this big group off the back (inc. Pinot and Sivakov) are in a proper echelon formation.
  • Crash!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff
    Chute!
  • DeadCalm
    Roglic behind the crash.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DQS not letting up.
    Nick Roche hurt
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,509
    Echelons
  • Must be a GC rider or two out the back....

....and Richie Porte.
  • DeadCalm
    Roglic is in the front group.
    Team My Man 2022:

• More of a split due to the crash than real echelons
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,509
    Sagan never misses the split
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766

jeezus, this is going to be dull as ditch-water. Although it might send the riders to sleep and give us some knee graze action to spice it up.

That aged well :D
  • DeadCalm

More of a split due to the crash than real echelons

It had already split but some definitely held up by the crash.
    Team My Man 2022:

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Neither Sam Bewley or Nicho Roche looked good after the crash
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Like the names on Jumbo-Visma aero rider helmets
  • Bewley abandoned
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff

Bewley abandoned

:'(

And Kirby has just come on the commentary
  • Looked like Bewley was doing the ouchy-collarbone shuffle?