TDF 2020 - Stage 10: Île d'Oléron Le Château-d'Oléron>Île de Ré Saint-Martin-de-Ré 168.5k *Spoiler*

Comments

• RichN95. said:

pblakeney said:

Are we doing this purely on the basis of elimination?
    If there's going to be bad news get it over with already!

Journalists tweeting about it. Hence why I use 'reportedly'. The official communique was supposed to be out at 9am UK time.
    Could the delay be down to re-tests taking place to check that there are not false positives?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Jumbo are fine (riders anyway).
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Quick Step saying they are OK
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95. said:

Quick Step saying they are OK

sounds like a false positive.
  • So is this who's left without a rumoured OK so far? Bahrain, Arkea, Astana, Lotto, Scott, ISN, NTT, Sunweb and B&B.
  • RichN95.

So is this who's left without a rumoured OK so far? Bahrain, Arkea, Astana, Lotto, Scott, ISN, NTT, Sunweb and B&B.

Bahrain, Israel, Sunweb and Lotto
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    L'Equipe saying all riders clear... phew
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    "All riders and members of staff from the 22 teams at the Tour underwent a Covid-19 test. No rider tested positive."

Which implies some members of staff have tested positive?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Four team members reportedly positive, all from different teams.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    the Inner Ring: "Tour director Christian Prudhomme positive for Covid-19, wasn't seen at the start today and is being retested, reports Le Dauphiné's @valjacquemet"
  • dish_dash
    r0bh said:

the Inner Ring: "Tour director Christian Prudhomme positive for Covid-19, wasn't seen at the start today and is being retested, reports Le Dauphiné's @valjacquemet"

lol... Well he's the one been hanging out with people likely outside the bubble... maybe he got it from the PM who was in the car a couple of days ago.
  • andyp
    edited September 2020
    Team staff from AG2R, Cofidis, Ineos and Mitchelton-Scott confirmed as positive.

• sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    hoping all the back room staff are ok. Are they sent home or do they wait for a retest and come back if negative ?
  • So I guess this means the fans on the Peyresourde and Marie Blanque climbs on the weekend had no impact on the riders then?
  • andyp
    My post has been struck by the two day moderation curse. Let's try again.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhYyi3wXkAE46P_?format=png&name=900x900
  • dish_dash
    A member of staff at each of Ineos, Michelton, Cofidis, and AG2R have tested positive and off the race. No impact to riders.
  • I'll be in scenery watching mode for the first part of today's race - French family friends owned a villa in Ronce-les-Bains that they loaned us a few times back in the 1980s when my parents didn't have much cash for holidays. The boyfriend (later husband) of one of the women spent a load of time down there windsurfing so we'd frequently meet up at the beach or for supper. More than once he stuck me on the board and took me right across the bay to the Ile d'Oleron despite the fact I couldn't actually swim.

In retrospect the life insurance policy my impoverished parents eagerly took out on me makes more sense.

He was later a member of one of the military parachute display teams and parachuted into his own wedding reception with his friends. Or at least that was the plan. They arrived by taxi an hour late, having identified the wrong chateau...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    ^^^🤣🤣🤣^^^
    Once spent a fortnight in a country house south of Niort and cycled quite a bit of the area. Lovely!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    dish_dash said:

A member of staff at each of Ineos, Michelton, Cofidis, and AG2R have tested positive and off the race. No impact to riders.

Boardman just made a good point. A team gets thrown out if they have two positives in a seven day period. By getting tested a day early Ineos have ensured that their next test won't be for eight days.
  • rick_chasey

So I guess this means the fans on the Peyresourde and Marie Blanque climbs on the weekend had no impact on the riders then?

Just on each other ;)
  • So I guess this means the fans on the Peyresourde and Marie Blanque climbs on the weekend had no impact on the riders then?

I was impressed with how large a proportion were masked up.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    According to cycling podcast there needs to be 3 positive tests before someone is kicked off.

I think they should be more concerned about false negatives than they apparently are, personally. According to my GP the PCR swab test has about a 25-30% false negative rate (in people who are actually positive not in total of course).
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95. said:

dish_dash said:

Boardman just made a good point. A team gets thrown out if they have two positives in a seven day period. By getting tested a day early Ineos have ensured that their next test won't be for eight days.
    **Massive eye roll emoji**
  • RichN95. said:

dish_dash said:

Marginal gains to the extreme
  • Loving the fact that Prudhomme has put the French PM into isolation
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

• is this really noteworthy?
  • The yellow flag is waved to set them off. Kind of amusing that the Yellow Jack was the traditional flag to warn that a ship was carrying disease (it now means the opposite - go figure)
  • An exciting break of 2 lone Swiss
  • rick_chasey

The yellow flag is waved to set them off. Kind of amusing that the Yellow Jack was the traditional flag to warn that a ship was carrying disease (it now means the opposite - go figure)

Hadn't realised it meant the opposite.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2020
    RichN95. said:

dish_dash said:

Didn't Michelton get tested a day early, too?
    Smart move. Ahead of the slower witted teams again.