monday ¡hasta la victoria siempre!

'ning

pineapple, coffee, tdf rest day

after yesterday's excitement and the lack of mountains over the next few days i'll need something else to pass the time, do bit more wfh perhaps
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, misty and cool here, tdf warming up nicely who’s going to be riding wearing yellow jersey into Paris?
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning, misty and cool here, tdf warming up nicely who’s going to be riding wearing yellow jersey into Paris?

Not me.

Still dark here at the moment.
    Feeling dizzy, hopefully it's just the fumes from painting under the stairs yesterday.
    Lots of running around to do today, not in the sporty way either.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, another grey day in heck need to catch up on TDF was busy doing this work thing yesterday, plenty of strong coffees today I think
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back at the kitchen table. Will try and do that bike thing again today.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

...who’s going to be riding wearing yellow jersey into Paris?

Rather boringly - Roglic. But I suppose it's a slightly better outcome than an INEOS rider.

Wet, wet, wet here. Typical after yesterday's stunning blue skies and pleasant conditions.
    Might be an indoor pedal.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    edited September 2020
    hopkinb said:

i've been doing a bit of indoor bike stuff...

replaced sram etap hoods, ffs they are tight! had to cut the old ones off, even heating to soften the new ones didn't make it easy

also been trying out wax chain lube (ufo) in the month leading up to and then during volcano time...

the ufo bottle design is terrible, especially the nozzle which doesn't seal properly and tends to spurt, making it poor for application and useless for travel, decanted it into a spare r&r bottle, far superior, plus it's clear so easy to see if it's warm enough to use

stayed completely clean during a month in the uk

after 3+ weeks when everything would normally be black with oily powdered lava all was still essentially clean, quite impressive in that environment, only downside was that in the high temperatures the chain needed relube every 100k-ish rather than the claimed 200k

will be back to r&r gold once the weather turns full soggy, but may use it again next volcano
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Get a mate to give you a lift to the top of some random hill and then get on it. That way, you don't have to pedal beyond a couple of revolutions to over come initial drag and friction co-efficient because getting on it half way up a hill is tricky.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Get a mate to give you a lift to the top of some random hill and then get on it. That way, you don't have to pedal beyond a couple of revolutions to over come initial drag and friction co-efficient because getting on it half way up a hill is tricky.
    like a mtber? but then he'd need to switch forum, seems a high price to pay
  • pinno
    sungod said:

also been trying out wax chain lube (ufo) in the month leading up to and then during volcano time...

Hmm - that has been a consideration. Full strip and wax a la some Ozzie bloke using a mix of paraffin and wax @ 47 deg cent. proved to be great until you get one drop of rain.
    Fed up of Muc-off dry or wet.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    sungod said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

like a mtber? but then he'd need to switch forum, seems a high price to pay
    Careful now, he might have fun :)

Back to back meetings this morning, who'd have thunk it on my first day back? Also got the tree butchers in to do their annual slash and burn on the garden, thankfully Strifey is managing them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Hmm - that has been a consideration. Full strip and wax a la some Ozzie bloke using a mix of paraffin and wax @ 47 deg cent. proved to be great until you get one drop of rain.

I may give this a whirl in the sonic tub seeing as I can heat cycle without the sonics going.
    Been using Morgan Blue extra dry over summer, seems to be doing the trick if a little mucky, the future appears to be wax based.
  • pinno
    edited September 2020
    step83 said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

I may give this a whirl in the sonic tub seeing as I can heat cycle without the sonics going.
    Once stripped and waxed, it's amazing how you clean it second time around - just immerse the chain in the wax solution and all the dirt drops off plus it's ready lubricated.
    Getting that mix right is a PITA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHr9znwpwmQ
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Landscaping finished for now, may run later. Saw a bso well lost earlier today, an OFO bike. Looked like it was being ridden by someone hiding from the immigration service. Remind me not to have a bright yellow bike.

Talking of illegal immigrants, got my roofbox delivered today. Better make sure I don't get any Scousers stowing away in it when I head up to Liverpool later this month.
    https://mirror.co.uk/news/moment-british-family-find-two-22433150
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

I'd be more worried about having 4 wheels on your motor when you leave.

Very true:
    circlecity.co.uk/text_jokes/ferrari_pit_crews.php

I googled 'hotels with secure car parking in Liverpool' and got a map of Cheshire as the top search result.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    When I was a young man, which was a very long time ago and used to to football matches. Liverpool was a place to avoid not because you might get a kicking but they would also steal your clothes. The thought of returning home battered and bruised but also lacking your Doc’s, Levi’s and Harrington was more than a young delinquent could handle.