Riser blocks

I need a new riser block as I've misplaced mine.
Looking on Amazon, they range from £8-£20.
Are some blocks any better than others? I'm thinking not...

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited September 2020
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TRJOBRB/jobsworth-turbo-trainer-riser-block is £5 plus p&p, might work out better value if there's a few other bits you can add to basket, but a recent sale just ended, so generally prices have risen again.

If you Zwift, you might want to consider the new Elite Sterzo Smart, that allows you to deviate off the standard riding/racing line. But the RRP is £75 and they are tricky to get hold of being so new.

I've used a hardback book sandwiched between two bits of cardboard for almost three years, very high tech! :D
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    A phone book?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I used to use two offcuts of circa 20mm mdf under the front wheel until the new trainer I bought came with a riser block included.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Thanks for the replies.
    I chucked out the old phone books recently although I've got a couple of wooden blocks lying around I could use :smile: Don't need anything from planet x...yet so I could always hang on for a bit.

The dumb sterzo isn't much more than the expensive blocks, the smart one sounds good although I don't know if it would add much enjoyment for me, especially if you can't crash out on corners if you get it wrong.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I use a particularly nasty saddle that I don't get on with, the rails are a good width to keep the front wheel in line...