TDF 2020 - Stage 9: Pau - Laruns 153 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Riders all over the place.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Pinot should work for reichenbach
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • I'm not saying Marc Madiot spent half the night forcibly playing the Marseillaise to Pinot whilst showing him images of people riding to victory, but...

• (and yeah, sure, aversion therapy works the other way so, y'know, rewrite the gag in your own head)
  • mididoctors
    It's quite a dangerous stage finish for a isolated GC rider if you think about it . The flat run in . You don't want WVA up the road . It's a twofer for him. Gets the sprint points moves towards green .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • For a while there I thought the entire peloton minus Aru was going to be the break, and Aru the peloton.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Hirschi having a good tour
  • Wow - Pinot at a standstill
  • (and yeah, sure, aversion therapy works the other way so, y'know, rewrite the gag in your own head)

Ah no, it was aversion therapy after all. Pinot now visibly sickened by the idea of being at the front of a bike race.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Who’s in the break?
  • mididoctors
    French TV need to stop showing pinot
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    So Pinot - physical or mental? Maybe slightly physical but allowing it to affect him far more than it should. As someone who has always lacked the mental strength I know how easy it is to talk yourself into feeling every minor ailment. Wish they stop wasting camera time on him though.
  • Hirschi - gap - Martinez - gap - break (not sure sorry incl WvA though)
  • Pross
    He's going to abandon isn't he?
  • Pinot joins the autobus
  • rick_chasey
    Am I watching a different race ? WvA is in the peloton?
  • Break (from CN)

Lennard Kämna (Bora-Hansgrohe), Warren Barguil (Arkéa-Samsic), David De La Cruz (UAE Team Emirates), Sébastien Reichenbach (Groupama-FDJ), David Gaudu (Groupama-FDJ), Daniel Martínez (EF Pro Cycling), Jonathan Castroviejo (Ineos Grenadiers)
  • rick_chasey
    Things Brit commentators don’t do enough - recap the race sitch with names
  • Kamna had a soft crash earlier
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020

Who’s in the break?

Hirsch out front . Martinez gaudu reichenbach barguil . Castlevejo formolo kamna chasing
  • rick_chasey

Break (from CN)

Lennard Kämna (Bora-Hansgrohe), Warren Barguil (Arkéa-Samsic), David De La Cruz (UAE Team Emirates), Sébastien Reichenbach (Groupama-FDJ), David Gaudu (Groupama-FDJ), Daniel Martínez (EF Pro Cycling), Jonathan Castroviejo (Ineos Grenadiers)

Cheers
  • J-V fully lined out with Yates on the wheel.
  • Pross

What channel are you watching? ITV have been talking about him sitting on the front again ever since I switched on.
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    Descending on damp roads later
  • Hirschi looking strong
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    Pross said:

What channel are you watching? ITV have been talking about him sitting on the front again ever since I switched on.
    Yeah just turned ITV on.

I’m confused - was WvA in the break and did he drop back? He’s definitely in the peloton.
  • Pross
    Peloton not going that hard if Pinot has only lost a minute. Lots of little groups might get back on the descent as I can't see the favourites taking too many risks on this wet descent. Roglic will be glad to see the bonus seconds still on the cards.
  • Going to be interesting descending in that mist. Not that viewers are going to get to see it...
  • WvA was in the break and talk of a clear stage win but now dropped back to join the mountain train
  • rick_chasey
    Ah yes this is how I experienced the Pyrenees for the most part. Climbing in and out of clouds.