sunday another hand may be extended to wield our weapons

'ning

more laziness, more pineapple, more tdf, more, just more
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Old fridge is about to be sent to it's final resting place and need to repaint around the cubby hole it was in.
    Feeling 75% so no sport antics today, other than the local fridge carrying championship.
  • GM all, first coffee of the day, sunny morning so far. WFH in the morning then garden with tomato and potato harvesting later. Might go for a ride too.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    'Not a Giro Hero!' ? What's that all about Freddie?
    Have you bought a replacement frame/bike yet?
    What you doing in Pro Face?
    Did you expect this interrogation?

Grey here. Bollox.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Last day of the staycation, so I'd better make the most of it by doing not a lot before a likely busy week catching up next week. May need to do a spot of Dads taxi later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Throat still a bit icky plus it has greyed over here, again. Off soon to do a flattish shortish gravelish shakedownish ride on the new n+1. Hoping it feels gooood, said in Vincent Vega fashion.
  • pinno said:

'Not a Giro Hero!' ? What's that all about Freddie?
    Have you bought a replacement frame/bike yet?
    What you doing in Pro Face?
    Did you expect this interrogation?

Grey here. Bollox.

Yes,
    Stirring,
    Yes.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, mildly surprised by the lad being vertical before 10am. He got back from his camping trip with barely enough time to shower and change before going to work last night. Then got home in the early hours. He did say he was feeling a bit tired :D
    No say I can carry on like that any more. He finishes working in the pub this week then is off to the lakes with some uni mates before going back to uni. This is assuming he can go back and Brum doesn't get locked down again.
    Day of mild pottering for me, should be going for a run later. Tried to ride a bike yesterday, got half way round the block and had to ride home one handed. Not great, I'm rather bored of this now.
  • Busy weekend, up on the roof yesterday fixing flue cowling that blew off in last week's wind. Today was power-tool gardening, with chainsaws, chippers, blowers and more involved.

Another week away coming up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    Christened the gravel n+1 with an easy potter, even if 1/2 hour in I realised I had left my water bottle in the kitchen. Oh well, not at all scorchio. Different geometry vs my roadie, these flared drops felt a bit odd at first, can only be a few cm but feels really spread out. Liking the Shimano GRX.

Stage 9 revving up for an interesting finale. And ad free on the Eurosport player, woohoo. Hatch and Holm the now, but the Kirby wittermouth will be back soon enough.
  • pinno

Yes.

What did you get?

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    orraloon said:

Christened the gravel n+1 with an easy potter, even if 1/2 hour in I realised I had left my water bottle in the kitchen. Oh well, not at all scorchio. Different geometry vs my roadie, these flared drops felt a bit odd at first, can only be a few cm but feels really spread out. Liking the Shimano GRX.

Stage 9 revving up for an interesting finale. And ad free on the Eurosport player, woohoo. Hatch and Holm the now, but the Kirby wittermouth will be back soon enough.

Loon, Im sure you read the Bikeradar take on gravel bikes before you spent your hard earned, but here it is anyway :smile:

https://bikeradar.com/features/gravel-bikes-roadie-revenge-on-mountain-bike-progress/
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    What a load of pish. 😊
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fookinell. Got this thing out of the metal shed in the front garden earlier. It turns out that if you push on the pedals, you get forward propulsion. Most unusual. I may investigate further this week, as weather does not look too horrendous.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long day of pedals and ale, pedals involved meeting some dodgy chap that sold out for £300m before it went bust - amazing house, ended up with the feeling he didn’t end up penniless
  • orraloon said:

Ha, last time I forgot my bottles I found one by the side of road so didn't need to curtail.
  • pinno
    Ooo, what was in it?!

(The question is semi rhetorical)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Ooo, what was in it?!

(The question is semi rhetorical)

Some of that special orange juice.
  • pinno