• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    gweeds said:

I heart Van Aert

Very good
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • inseine said:

It's easy to stereotype riders but jeeze Zakarin really is a terrible descender

The difference to the good guys is so stark. The talented descenders just look so fluid and relaxed. He looks like his bike is broken.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    gweeds said:

I heart Van Aert

He is ridiculous isn't he
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Wva is a bit special
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff

inseine said:

It's easy to stereotype riders but jeeze Zakarin really is a terrible descender

The difference to the good guys is so stark. The talented descenders just look so fluid and relaxed. He looks like his bike is broken.
    He's going to get caught by the rest of the break. Thus making his effort on the climb more or less pointless.

All in for Peters now, don't know much about him?
  • mididoctors
    Riders every where
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    So why does Pinot need an honour guard of the entire team??

One of them wearing a full on winter jacket, lol
  • mididoctors
    Peters out front ...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I thought Bernal had been dropped. I didn’t realise he was in the white jersey
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Powless trying out a bit of cyclocross.
  • bobmcstuff
    Powless lol - nearly hit someone in the crowd. Went right off the side.
  • bobmcstuff
    RichN95. said:

I thought Bernal had been dropped. I didn’t realise he was in the white jersey

Nah, Bernal has been looking alright
  • bobmcstuff
    HA Zakarin has shipped his whole advantage
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Pinot going so slow his teammates have put jackets on going up hill
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Really do wonder what WvA can achieve in his career.

Pinot must be ill surely but does look uncomfortable too. Maybe he's suffering with shock after not getting dropped in crosswinds yesterday.
  • bobmcstuff
    What's the time limit, don't they risk the whole team being outside it doing stupid stuff like this?
  • Pross

So why does Pinot need an honour guard of the entire team??

One of them wearing a full on winter jacket, lol

Trying to hide him from the cameras!
  • mididoctors
    Is Tommy D sandbagging
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607

What's the time limit, don't they risk the whole team being outside it doing stupid stuff like this?

French team thobut.
  • Pross
    Wish the cameras would concentrate more on the group of favourites and less on Pinot.
  • bobmcstuff
    Even if Zakarin catches Peters, he will still lose due to descending like my gran.

Peters with 39s on Zakarin and 55 on the rest of the break.
  • Shipped >8 mins already.
    Chump
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Peters' tongue doing some serious work. From the Tommy V school
  • bobmcstuff
    orraloon said:

French team thobut.
    Yeah but it is still retarded
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,217

Is Tommy D sandbagging

Not his style...
  • Peters should want Zakarin to catch him and drag him up rest of climb before dropping him again on the downhill.
  • Pross

Should be quite high today, probably coefficient 4. I assume they're still well in front of the bus. Seems a bit pointless but then they haven't really got anyone in there who could be left to give it a go.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,503
    edited September 2020

orraloon said:

French team thobut.
    Yeah but it is still retarded
    They're not close to being eliminated and his team mates won't be threatening the overall, so what's wrong with helping out?

It also happens every time a big name gets sick and suffers.
  • Diego Rosa crashed and has abandoned. Didn't see it, don't know more
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Wva parks up