TDF 2020 - Stage 8: Cazères-sur-Garonne - Loudenvielle 141 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Camejane suffering . Pedestrian pace not so much .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Guys sliding backwards forming groupettos
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    Miller's memory of Alan Piper is the same as mine
  • Strange one from Nizzolo, any idea what happened? Appeared to ride back towards his team car for a few metres so not a crash?
  • mididoctors
    Mayo and chips is my memory of piper
  • mididoctors
    Movistar look so stressed and unfit . Lockdown did them no favours
  • mididoctors
    Kauto5 said:

Strange one from Nizzolo, any idea what happened? Appeared to ride back towards his team car for a few metres so not a crash?

I suspect a few Kms of the mente told him all he needed to know
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    My local wine shop didn't have anything from the pyrenees... Not red anyway. Boo.

So I got a bordeaux instead :) . And also an unnecessarily expensive Austrlian red from a winery I really like because I've not seen it on sale here before.

Should be a good afternoon :#
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    pblakeney said:

From memory the Col de Peyresourde isn't too hard until the last 1-2kms so I envisage a sprint finish for GC.

I wholeheartedly retract that statement.
    The mind plays evil tricks.
    I did not envisage a 13 min gap though! 😱
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • From being ahead of the fastest schedule, the breakaway topped Menthe 10 minutes behind the slowest schedule.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

From memory the Col de Peyresourde isn't too hard until the last 1-2kms so I envisage a sprint finish for GC.

I wholeheartedly retract that statement.
    The mind plays evil tricks.
    I did not envisage a 13 min gap though! 😱
    Long way to go . Defensive pace may bring them back . Though Scott should encourage the break away to keep the jersey .
  • mididoctors
    Bardet small tumble
  • Chute de Bardet.
    Uphill and a bit bleedy.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Some nasty corners on this descent with horrible rough sections on the apex.
  • mididoctors
    Polka dot shorts
  • m.r.m. said:

Kauto5 said:

Zakarin favourite from this break group?

He isn't good at descending, so might lose it at the very end even if he attacks.
    Looked to me that Zakarin and another rider were briefly dropped on the Mente descent, so he hasn't been improving his descending during lockdown.
  • mididoctors
    Cousin clips off
  • bobmcstuff
    I wish Kirby would STFU.

When's the ITV coverage start, is it on already?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2020
    jimmyjams said:

m.r.m. said:

Kauto5 said:

Zakarin favourite from this break group?

He isn't good at descending, so might lose it at the very end even if he attacks.
    Looked to me that Zakarin and another rider were briefly dropped on the Mente descent, so he hasn't been improving his descending during lockdown.

Zakarin going for a win with a whopping great downhill finish is like Joe Pasquale auditioning for the lead in a Royal Shakespeare Company production.
  • Bardet small tumble

On a ragga trip?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • bobmcstuff

DeadCalm said:

This could be a disaster for Cousin Jerome's Lanterne ambitions.

Always the way with the tour though, isn't it? You have to be absolutely on it every day, and just one jour avec can wreck the whole shebang.
    He's off the front solo now!
  • mididoctors

Bardet small tumble

On a ragga trip?
    Boom Shaka
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    I will eat my cycling hat if Landa doesn’t try to get away on the 2nd Climb
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • mididoctors

I wish Kirby would STFU.

On some since the start
  • mididoctors
    UAE and Bahrain ... Landa and podgar need it pacy
  • mididoctors
    josame said:

I will eat my cycling hat if Landa doesn’t try to get away on the 2nd Climb

Bahrain looking interested up front
  • mididoctors
    Is there some sort of bike Packers come racer look?
  • bobmcstuff
    Ewan is still just about in contact with the peloton which shows you how easy it has been

I wish Kirby would STFU.

On some since the start
    I forgot they had adverts though
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo
  • Jumbo are going to make this a GC day then