laze, eat pineapple, tdf first proper mountain stage
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, a bit cooler at the mo, club ride 8:30, tdf later
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Started nice here, but clouding over now. No matter as I've already been for a bike ride.
    Might go and watch the local hill climb this afternoon.
    My calendar has reminded me that I was supposed to be doing the Stockholm half marathon this afternoon but something got in the way of it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Coventry bound later to collect the mutt from my mum.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Last long(ish) run before next weeks race was enjoyed.

Got the death stare off the wife, apparently I should have left the pub when she did.

Lots of dad taxi stuff before ale can be enjoyed. Which means I will miss the hill climb even though I’m virtually on the start line now at the hairdressers

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Cooler today. A bit grey too.

Return to traditional Saturday of toots and OH away will allow me to get on with things. Or procrastinate. And/or eat whatever and have extra coffee.

I might get some stuff done. I might not. but either way, it will be spooky quiet.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Good lie in, although partly due to being awake in the early hours for no apparent reason. Have already sorted some work related crap out due to others incompetence.

Dog walk, cafe, minor jobs, exercise, cider. In roughly that order.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, but only just.
    Did the dutiful son bit this morning and took the old dear to church as it's the anniversary of the old man shuffling off.
    A few odd jobs to do today. Replacing the cable and shortening the chain on an old light that was my granddad's is the main one. It's a beautiful thing, frosted glass octagon with silhouettes of girls. Insulated pieces of the bulb holder are ceramic, guess it's safe if not cracked.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Lots of dad taxi stuff before ale can be enjoyed. Which means I will miss the hill climb even though I’m virtually on the start line now at the hairdressers

That's a shame, if you could sneak away for half an hour I'm sure someone would lend you a bike!

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Snots 'n' icky throat, pah. Postponed the n+1 christening ride. Today will have to be doing mainly nowt, couch surf, watch stage 8, envy the scenery and observe Cousin Jerome's unusual lanterne rouge tactics.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    I think Cousin J should have a haircut and maybe then he'll slip off the back un-noticed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!