Friday, Hopefully it’s Friday.🤪

Morning, it feels milder , just about to walk Tigger, A day out hence the early start, let’s hope it’s fine on the west side of the country.
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yeah the thread matches my expectation of what day it is 😂

Today is long walk with hounds and then work stuff followed by meeting up with some friends
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning, it feels milder , just about to walk Tigger, A day out hence the early start, let’s hope it’s fine on the west side of the country.
    Have a good day

Dry but cloudy over on the west, should be sunny later.

Non working day so going to help clear some jungle for a friend.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    'ning

should be a restful wfh and tdf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    I'm not sure I have the Friday feeling though it might creep up on me.

I'm going to wait for some cyclists to go by then i'll draft them on my bike which I have removed the front wheel and the back tyre is flat and then i'll go past them uphill 3 times pedalling with one leg.

That should fill the day.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    got a 400 quid freebie from amex to spend at harrods, just sorted out some early crimbo shopping :smiley:

tdf has started, start seems a bit livelier
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    edited September 2020
    sungod said:

...start seems a bit livelier

What?! Liar.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon from Lower Heckville.

Work actions pending (need me some data) then escape for the day, garage is slowly coming together now found some tools I need which helps, namely my impact driver poor old drill doesn't like driving big old screws, an the hammer action is a bit iffy at times.
    Anyway I couldn't find an Italian beer I liked so I have a bottle of Estrella from Spain which is never a bad choice in my books.
  • sungod
    it's relative :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    No spoilers perlease, some of us will be on the catch up later.

Just collected n+1 gravel, time for a bit of fettling ahead of the christening ride tomorrow. The guards are on, 'tis the season.
  • step83
    orraloon said:

Just collected n+1 gravel, time for a bit of fettling ahead of the christening ride tomorrow. The guards are on, 'tis the season.

Sorry to tell you some people peddled over the line quite fast, one of them was faster than the rest so finished in front.

Gravel bike eh? welcome to the club. Reminds me I need to sort mine out, stem seems to travel an come loose every ride so needs some no more moving paste applying.
  • sungod
    missed out the hippos too
  • step83
    sungod said:

missed out the hippos too

The mid stage hippo race always spices up the peloton.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    orraloon said:

So is a gravel bike a roadie bike with fat tyres, or a mountain bike without the suspension to do any of the real fun stuff?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo, you surprise me. Its a roadbike with fatter tyres and slightly flaired drops. AKA almost like a cyclocross bike. Others will tell you otherwise. Some even have 650B wheels as well basically 700s in 27,5 disguise / slightly different.

Sounds like Looney should have bought a proper mountain bike then :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Went pub in Wimbledon. Not seen so many young women for ages. Gosh. Obviously I am invisible to them, but still.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    As per Oxoman. Is a Boardman ADV 8.9 2021 in my size, though surprised to see 2 medium frame ones sitting out on display. Good VFM at 1k for the spec, Shimano GRX 2x10 and hydraulics. Factored in a wheel upgrade from Malcolm OTP.

Bars are flared, a wee bit weird compared to my road bikes but I'll get used to. Only ridden round the block a few times so far to check saddle height and that ahead of first proper blast tomorrow.

38 or 40 tyres. So will be twitchier on the downs vs full MTB sizes but roll ok on the roads. The frame colours are cool 😎

My 90s vintage full sus Marin Mount Vision is still out on loan with my lazy brother. Will find out as winter comes in if n+1 gravel will cope ok with sticky muds and that or will I need to reclaim the fat boi.
  • step83
    If its like mine stick some knobbly tyres on an its fun just a bit bouncy.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Went pub in Wimbledon. Not seen so many young women for ages. Gosh. Obviously I am invisible to them, but still.

You need a refresher course Hoppy:

https://youtu.be/pInk1rV2VEg

Particularly from about 6:00 in.