rick_chasey Posts: 72,229
    Belgians not impressed with Pog.

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Where's the klaxon? Shoddy!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Nairo upfront
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,214

When are they ever impressed by anyone?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Pross said:

Porte also dropped.

Also Pope is Catholic
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • A pity Luke Rowe isn't around for this
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    Belgians make the point that if pretty much every top rider (bar one or two) has made it in the front, what's the impetus to keep riding hard?

Expects it to ebb and flow a bit more.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    edited September 2020
    What a move, that was a classic 1km showing how good you need to be in these situations.

Porte and Landa dropped.
  • The cross wind put the cat amongst the pigeons there.
  • bobmcstuff
    Bernal seems to be pretty comfortable, but doing a lot of work on the front - who's he distanced? Pocagar for the white?
  • Pross
    Pretty big gap already, over 40 seconds.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    Porte and Landa gone. Not to be sniffed at, but most of the top tier contenders are still there.
  • mididoctors
    Fdj drilling it .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Pross said:

When are they ever impressed by anyone?
    Were loving the Bernal-eating-whilst-riding-off-the-front-of-the-first-echelon flex.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2020

Where's the klaxon? Shoddy!

Cough cough, excuse me:

I bags at 22kms to go for sounding the klaxon.

OK I was late, but it was yesterday.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Porte also dropped.

Story of his life . Sad
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Groupama surprisingly well represented in the front group.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross

Belgians make the point that if pretty much every top rider (bar one or two) has made it in the front, what's the impetus to keep riding hard?

Pogacar is a big name to have got rid of, Jumbo have the numbers and the type of riders to open this up and permanently eliminated him and he is arguably the biggest threat to Roglic.
  • Chastening when you think your Saturday morning group spin was fast and tough then you see this lot freewheeling at 65kmph.
  • Well it’s woken up a lot now. The wind conditions have shit them up a good’un.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Pogacar is a big name to have got rid of, Jumbo have the numbers and the type of riders to open this up and permanently eliminated him and he is arguably the biggest threat to Roglic.
    Why wouldn't you .
  • Pross
    As I said yesterday, the wind does far more to make a race exciting than the mountains.

Gap nearly a minute now.
  • rick_chasey
    Renaat saying they're riding 65kph....woof.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Carapaz at the back of the group.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Pogacar losing time is excellent news for the race. Terrible news for him though.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Picked a bad day to do a school run eh?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross said:

As I said yesterday, the wind does far more to make a race exciting than the mountains.

Gap nearly a minute now.

Yep
  • mididoctors
    Holding at 53 secs ...chase doing okish considering
  • mididoctors
    Carapaz off the back
  • bobmcstuff

Picked a bad day to do a school run eh?

I had a long and stupid meeting until about 15 minutes ago.

Carapaz, had a mechanical maybe? He's miles off now.