TDF 2020 - Stage 7 Millau - Lavaur 168 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    On The Move podcast last night it was mentioned it was an uphill start and people may well be on rollers.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,209

Live green jersey

1   PETER SAGAN 134 PTS
    2   SAM BENNETT 129 PTS
    3   ALEXANDER KRISTOFF 93 PTS
    4   MATTEO TRENTIN 91 PTS
    5   BRYAN COQUARD 85 PTS
    6   JULIAN ALAPHILIPPE 77 PTS
    7   CALEB EWAN 75 PTS
    8   GREG VAN AVERMAET 64 PTS
    9   CEES BOL 62 PTS
    10   GIACOMO NIZZOLO 61 PTS

Surprising to see Kristoff still so high up, I haven't really noticed him since the stage win.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    edited September 2020

Slightly changing the subject, do we think Valverde is rubbish or saving himself for later on?

Rubbish. Though he could ride himself into some form.
  • The intermediate sprint has revealed the sprinters still present: Coquard, Trentin and Sagan (plus WVA)

Trentin won it.

Of sprinters, Laporte, Colbrelli and Theuns are all also still in the front group.

Seems the whole Sunweb team is in the last (Ewan) group!

Bora-Hansgrohe have only lost Pöstlberger from the front group.
  • Dumoulin back in the cars again.
    He has form for that.

40 riders in the rear group.
    The OT is going to be around 20 minutes FYI.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

Slightly changing the subject, do we think Valverde is rubbish or saving himself for later on?

Rubbish. Though he could ride himself into some form.
    Id like to be as rubbish as Valverde :)
  • Pross
    Fighting to meet the time limit is probably the last thing some of the riders at the back want before tomorrow's stage.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    What's it going to be, 4 minutes by the top of the climb? Is that enough before the finish at 95km?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Will there be a lull now? Bora only need to keep the other groups at bay rather that put more time into them, and they seem to have given up a bit
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    This 15 k drag is killing Bennet group
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    inseine said:

Will there be a lull now? Bora only need to keep the other groups at bay rather that put more time into them, and they seem to have given up a bit

Just need to finesse it to the line . Unless winds break.ip the front group
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    What's TdG up to?
  • mididoctors

TdG moves off the front and does not stop
  • mididoctors
    Hmmm
  • Slightly changing the subject, do we think Valverde is rubbish or saving himself for later on?

Yes
  • mididoctors
    Sneaky
  • What's TdG up to?

Being TdG I think.
  • mididoctors
    Go on Thomas use a big gear
  • Pross
    Eased up at the front now but no chance for the other groups to get back as Bora will just up the pace again if needed. With the lack of sprint stages remaining this could kill off the green jersey battle which had looked like being quite interesting.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Pross said:

Eased up at the front now but no chance for the other groups to get back as Bora will just up the pace again if needed. With the lack of sprint stages remaining this could kill off the green jersey battle which had looked like being quite interesting.

It's Bora vs de Gendt.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    Crash
  • Looked worse than it turned out to be.
    Soler managed to miss the Hoogerland wire
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Hofstetter
  • mididoctors
    Persistent
  • mididoctors
    Opening up the gap
  • Here comes the Hofstetter. He's the car-surfing gangster.

• mididoctors
    The new forum software and layout is not great
  • DeadCalm
    Who from Ineos is in the front group?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    DeadCalm said:

I think everyone except Rowe, Amador and Sivakov.
  • DeadCalm
    phreak said:

DeadCalm said:

I think everyone except Rowe, Amador and Sivakov.
    Thanks. The Tour tracker updates so frequently I find it virtually unusable. Think it was saying Tony Martin is in group 2.He and Rowe would have been two of the most active in crosswinds.
    Team My Man 2022: