TDF 2020 - Stage 7 Millau - Lavaur 168 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,503
    That's mean. The group almost got back and Bora promptly accelerated.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Cross head
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • I'm not sure what Buchmann thinks about this.
    Sagan burning his team is one thing but Buchmann could find himself alone in the crosswinds, later.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Might work out for Buchman. Wait and see .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Bols Caleb Bennet nizzolo all dropped Bennet in group behind . Rest in another group even further behind .
  • Go on Bora! This is fun :)
  • mididoctors
    Hardest start this tour
  • mididoctors
    Caleb group going backwards 1:47
  • mididoctors
    Bennet likely to get back
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Ooh, Kirby is having problems with his internet connection - let's hope it cuts out entirely!
  • TheBigBean

Bennet likely to get back

Why do you think that?
  • bobmcstuff
    Ewan in the 3rd group. Sunweb have sent back 3 riders for Bol so maybe they will start to bring it back.
  • That bridge really is magnificent.

Stunning, I really must visit this part of the world sooner or later.
  • bobmcstuff
    33s back for Bennet, 2 minutes for Ewan...
  • Are Bora racing for the intermediate sprint or are they waiting for the wind for help? Surely they'll need support from at least half of another team to keep the Bennett group out the back?
  • TheBigBean

• TheBigBean
    Bennett is not getting back.
  • bobmcstuff
    Kauto5 said:

Are Bora racing for the intermediate sprint or are they waiting for the wind for help? Surely they'll need support from at least half of another team to keep the Bennett group out the back?

We'll find out soon - there is another climb coming up then a descent to the intermediate sprint. Then a bigger climb - we will see if Sagan is up for drilling it over that...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Quite a lot of riders chasing, shows how strong Bora are
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,214
    Like Sagan can outsprint WvA lol
  • Keeping Bennett at bay, or not, depends on who's where and who wants to help in each group. If nobody's helping then Bennett is screwed. Everyone in the front group assumes that Bora are riding for the intermediate so will leave them to it. What do the other teams up front want to do after that point though?
  • This is great to watch.
  • bobmcstuff

Like Sagan can outsprint WvA lol

Wout van Aert is nowhere near in the points though - if Bora are just going for the green jersey, all they need to do is keep Bennet and some of the other sprinters out the back.
  • inseine
    Who in the front group , other than Bora, needs to ride?
  • mididoctors

Bennett is not getting back.

Maybe
  • mididoctors
    This is Bora's tour I'd they pull this off Sagan big points at sprint and end with his rivals getting none one days mega effort .
  • Might work out for Buchman. Wait and see .

Pete Kennaugh has just called it as well on ITV.
    Isolated when the likes of Ineos put the hammer down later.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207

I'm not sure what Buchmann thinks about this.
    Sagan burning his team is one thing but Buchmann could find himself alone in the crosswinds, later.

Kennaugh must have read this, just made the same point.

Nice to see a team racing at last, I assume no GC contenders missed the front group? Will they ease off after the intermediate sprint? My guess is yes which would be a shame but seems a lot of work just for an intermediate sprint especially if the Bennett group then get back and he takes the stage.
  • inseine
    Yep, it's Bora v everyone else though Coquard must be happy
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    What caused it anyway? Was it simply Bora hammering it on the relatively minor hills?