Evans cycles- No stock no phones No customer service

What a mistake buying my bike from this lot, all promises for the sale then nothing but excuses after excuses when half the items don't turn up. But not to worry they'll give you vouchers for what they owe you but sadly they don't count for anything as they just can't give supply anything you might actually need.
Call for help (if you find a number that works) and you get nothing but more excuses. When I tried calling for simple advice I was simply told sorry we can't help.
Never again

Comments

• FreddieVonRost
    FreddieVonRost Posts: 261
    edited September 2020
    Terrible attitude, typical for Evans. My experiences with them have been poor to say the least.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • oxoman said:

What do you expect it's sports direct.

Every day is a school day. A bit like Rapha and Walmart then.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Yeah expect nothing less from the scumbag Ashley
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596

oxoman said:

What do you expect it's sports direct.

Every day is a school day. A bit like Rapha and Walmart then.
    Fingers crossed on an Asda sale. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • I'm trying to get a refund which they say they can't do because nobody at Evans has a secure phone line to take my details.... Yeah right.

Luckily I paid with a credit card so I will hopefully have some comeback on them.

WTF has happened to a once decent company? Typical of the attitude of far too many people in the UK now.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924

WTF has happened to a once decent company? Typical of the attitude of far too many people in the UK now.

Ashley

“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited September 2020
    So sorry to hear that. Evans used to be really good. I bought three bikes from them, two for me and one for my grandson. They were easy to deal with and provided excellent service. :)

What a great shame that the company has gone downhill so. Think what it must be like to work there! :'(
  • spatt77
    spatt77 Posts: 324
    I believe they have changed the till system which has led to a lot of problems. My local Evans are top notch, helpful, friendly and know their stuff but I know this varies from shop to shop!
  • Bit like Halfords then?
  • Have some sympathy for poor Ashley, imagine how upset he would be if he read this thread on his yacht cruising down the Med, may put him off his caviar.
  • While I feel sorry for the staff and I nearly bought an Arkose a few years back before he bought the failing business, I won't be going out of my way to line Ashley's pockets.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    Typical company under Mike Ashley ownership.
  • I have not used Evans for a few years but I always had great service, seems to be a lot of change since the new owners taken over although I have a number of friends use them locally and have no issues. Did you use a card to pay can you not just do a claim back I know not ideal but at least you wont lose any money.
    So Far!
  • loltoride said:

I have not used Evans for a few years but I always had great service, seems to be a lot of change since the new owners taken over although I have a number of friends use them locally and have no issues. Did you use a card to pay can you not just do a claim back I know not ideal but at least you wont lose any money.

To be honest, that's a bit like saying that Karrimor, Slazenger etc used to be good.
  • Had a similar experience a little while ago, paid for a fork with a voucher through a scheme my work run, got told at a later date it was delayed, then the next date and the next date, ended up phoning the UK supplier who confirmed that there were no stocks of that fork left or being sent out to any retailers.

Phoned voucher company, sorry sir our T&C's state no refunds.

Went back to Evans, explained the situation and asked them to refund back to my credit card as that's how i paid for the voucher, specifically for said fork.

Told me they couldn't do it due to money laundering, at that point i had to make him aware that I'm a money laundering investigator and if he could tell me one stage of the money laundering lifecycle and exactly which one he was concerned about i would gladly accept his answer and leave him alone.
    His response was to hang up, whilst i appreciate that i didn't actually buy the voucher from them this just made me angry.

I ended up going through charge back on my credit card and vowed never to use Evans again.
  • loltoride said:

I have not used Evans for a few years but I always had great service, seems to be a lot of change since the new owners taken over although I have a number of friends use them locally and have no issues. Did you use a card to pay can you not just do a claim back I know not ideal but at least you wont lose any money.

Sadly no it was with my cyclescheme
  • Sadly no it was with my cyclescheme

Oh I see what you mean can you not contact scheme provider for assistance with this or what about the administrator at your company?

So Far!