Shimano Quick Link for 11s Chains

Are these 1 time use only or can I keep reusing them?

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited September 2020
    I reuse quick links, missing links, etc. for the life of the chain it's fitted to. On and off around 5 or so times for cleaning, maintenance etc. Keep an eye out for wear on the pins (I've never seen any signs of wear so far) and a tiny dab of grease when re fitting.
  • Official advice is no, single use only. Can recommend Wipperman Connex quick links - designed for multiple re-use and very easy to assemble/disassemble.
  • Agree with oxoman, been using kmc links for a few years, no issues at all, and fairly cheap.
  • KMC ones for me also. One quicklink comes with their chains. I typically only use a new one when I change chains, and they are split multiple times during the life of the chain
  • RedClip
    RedClip Posts: 110
    I use these quick links on my Shimano and KMC chains (I have three on rotation - no pun intended).
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sram-Chain-Speed-Powerlock-Connector/dp/B009F96WK4
    I used just one link so far, about 40 to 50 times. It's still as good as new.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315

Can recommend Wipperman Connex quick links - designed for multiple re-use and very easy to assemble/disassemble.

This ^.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!