TDF 2020: Stage 6: Le Teil > Mont Aigoual 191 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Doesn't look like this break will get away, GvA too close to yellow probably.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    Peloton not giving up yet
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    More riders trying to bridge
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Looks like they're going to let them go. Thats a surprise, super strong group.
  • mididoctors
    Peloton gives up
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Yates looks supremely un-bothered in the peloton, chatting away with an EF rider.

Peloton blocking the road now.
  • mididoctors
    Cross tail wind section coming up
  • Looks like they've let them go. Surprised at that, it's a strong selection there.
  • ddraver said:

Main thing is whoever wins should be some upstart who refuses to do any work.

Main thing is, they ride in a straight line.
    OK fine no-one has read the rider.

I'm wasted on you lot ;)
    I get it

(... now)
    I didn't even know there was something to get
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • bobmcstuff
    Proper go slow in the peloton now, riders stopping for a wee etc.
  • bobmcstuff
    I don't see why Yates should care about defending the jersey from GvA, it's not like GvA can win overall. Lot of silly emotion attached to "defending the jersey".

Although I guess this year is a bit different, if the race could be stopped at any time it makes more sense.
  • Sean still sticking with "Tour of France"
  • GvA in "virtual" yellow
  • GVA going to torpedo the breakaway's chances.
    MS now taking control of the peloton.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,448

I don't see why Yates should care about defending the jersey from GvA, it's not like GvA can win overall. Lot of silly emotion attached to "defending the jersey".

Although I guess this year is a bit different, if the race could be stopped at any time it makes more sense.

If he's not expecting to be in contention for it at the end (which was what he was saying before the race started) then every day in the jersey is a bonus and worth fighting for surely? If, however, he thinks he is in with a genuine shout then 'lending' the jersey to someone else for a few days might be a smart move. Given he was handed the jersey I suspect he might want to feel he's earned it today and will also want to retain it as long as possible.
  • Carlton and Brian banging on about Yates not yellowifying his kit and bike out of respect (other than his yellow jersey). Do they not have eyes? He has got extra yellow on his shorts (around the logo at the bottom of the legs)
  • Kirby has spotted that you can shout "Cevennes" in the style of Len Goodman on Strictly Come Dancing.

Shoot me now.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,448
    I'm just waiting for live coverage to start on ITV4. Eurosport is now purely a no other option choice.
  • ddraver said:

Main thing is whoever wins should be some upstart who refuses to do any work.

Main thing is, they ride in a straight line.
    OK fine no-one has read the rider.

I'm wasted on you lot ;)
    I get it

(... now)
    I didn't even know there was something to get
    Maybe I should have listened to Kilometre 0
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,336
    GCN is working really well on the computer. Might be something for you to consider the next time they have an offer.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • mididoctors
    Think the break may make it .
  • mididoctors
    My. Money's on the white car
  • Think the break may make it .

Being held at 6'30"ish. I think they'll be reeled in later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Not quite enough points on the road for Roche to get into the Polka Dot jersey?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,917
    Lots of MS at the front, but not the yellow jersey. He's hiding someway back.
  • mididoctors
    Ineos paying attention
  • This breakaway is doomed.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Hey @mididoctors , what's the context of the quote in your sig?
  • mididoctors
    Armstrong's different bike everyday on the giro .
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Trivia: Which is the only team not to have a top 10 stage finish so far in this year's Tour?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet