TDF 2020 - Stage 5: Gap - Privas 183km *Spoilers*

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133
    edited September 2020

Odd.
    Asgreen kicks it off, followed by de Gendt.

If he could have got away, gives DQS a day off.
  • Is this a breakaway protest I wonder?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Looks like race will start after the sprint
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Griepel looking old off the back
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Looks like race will start after the sprint

Should take 2 hours to get there at this pace! :D
  • Tough day to get away for the Lanterne contenders. Greipel resorting to pretending his shifters aren't working properly to try and sneak a gap
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I've just realised I can do picture in picture on Virgin TV Go, so can have it in the corner of the screen all afternoon. Now I just need to choose between commentator teams. I dislike some of both.
  • mididoctors
    Jaded jaded man Kingston
  • Griepel looking old off the back

It's one of those stages where he could get and olive branch.
  • mididoctors
    20 k till sprint
  • mididoctors
    Bennet takes the sprint ..Sagan 4th I think
  • mididoctors
    No one taking opportunity to break away ? Jaysus
  • mididoctors
    Good grief
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    What's going on? Not up on the TV yet.
  • What's going on? Not up on the TV yet.

The breakaway rider's union have called a strike.
    Between the sprinter's teams on the flat and Jumbo on the lumps not giving them more than 3 minutes they have given up trying.
  • rick_chasey

What's going on? Not up on the TV yet.

The breakaway rider's union have called a strike.
    Between the sprinter's teams on the flat and Jumbo on the lumps not giving them more than 3 minutes they have given up trying.
    Ahaha good for them.
  • rick_chasey
    So on course for a 6pm cet finish?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    edited September 2020
    Possibility of echelons in the final hour?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    Anyone got any idea what time the Tour of Hungary highlights are likely to be put up on GCN?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    Hoping for wind in the finale
  • mididoctors
    Cagy tour
  • The villages look nice
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Really hope there's some wind later. It's a bit early for the bunch to be having an additional rest day.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    I take it I won't be missing much if I have to jump onto a long meeting now...
  • Pross
    Forecast says wind gusts of up to around 45kph from the NNE and the final art of the stage is due west so the conditions look right. Thing is I can't see Jumbo getting caught out by crosswinds and Ineos usually make good use of them so who would be the most likely losers if there were echelons? Pogacar maybe?
  • Pross
    I've marked the spot. There seems to be a long, slightly downhill, straight section heading north and then a roundabout where they turn left so string it out on that and then nail it as you turn into the crosswind. Only thing is that run into the turn would have a headwind.

Love this part of the world, probably as it was where I had my first holiday without the parents the year I left school.
  • mididoctors
    dish_dash said:

I take it I won't be missing much if I have to jump onto a long meeting now...

Come back in a hour
  • DeadCalm
    Cosnefroy and Pacher to race off the front for the KOM point and try and stay away?
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    DeadCalm said:

Cosnefroy and Pacher to race off the front for the KOM point and try and stay away?

Not in the wind they won't
  • The Guardian minute by minute coverage: