Post of the Tour 2020

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
We all know the Rewoven Carpet Man is gonna win, but like the women's peloton when AvV turns up, it's nice to pretend it's a competition

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Come one, Come all and welcome to the Post of the Tour thread, 2020.

Any post that makes you giggle, incline your head with praise or splutter COVID over your device screen, quote post in here for the amusement of others.

Let the games begin!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• ddraver
    edited August 2020
    Make sure to expand all quotes

Kenwood make great amps that's for sure

Bought a Kenwood mixer once. Bloody funny shape and doesn't take standard audio connections. Waste of time.
    Bought a Technics mixer once. Totally useless. Worst hummus I ever tasted.
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    edited August 2020

Pross said:

Excellent come back by Cosenfroy.

He must have packed an overnight bag as well.
    Context - this is an excellent rowing-back from the statement that Cosenfroy had emptied his suitcase of panache...
  • ddraver

Pross said:

Turbines suggesting the hopes of echelons are to be dashed.

Well obviously there's no wind, they haven't turned them on yet... ;)
    let them ride between the blades like crazy-golf
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver

Join us tomorrow for scene of Shaggy's Boombastic: Millau-Lavaur Lavaur.

- @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited September 2020
    Believe the LR thread is customarily banned from here on the basis that it's bad enough having to read it once?

(although confirmation that one person is actually reading it is very flattering, I suppose, so thank you)
  • Believe the LR thread is customarily banned from here on the basis that it's bad enough having to read it once?

(although confirmation that one person is actually reading it is very flattering, I suppose, so thank you)

That's a shame and there is some brilliance in that thread
  • Believe the LR thread is customarily banned from here on the basis that it's bad enough having to read it once?

That's a shame and there is some brilliance in that thread
    Shhhhhh. It goes to his head worse than drinking Duvel through a straw.

Traditionally, the PotT thread should be for spoiler thread posts. Things that get us through the long sprint stages with no crosswinds, for example.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    Trouble is this tour is too interesting so we don't descend into mindless chatter so much...
    - @ddraver
  • Yeah, but despite it all I've had this bloody thing stuck in my head all afternoon...

Here comes the Hofstetter. He's the car-surfing gangster.

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

Yeah, but despite it all I've had this bloody thing stuck in my head all afternoon...

You just know whoever picks the end music for the ITV highlights is desperate for him to win
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,311
    Not that this has anything to do with anything, but there is a post in this forum that is the greatest ever. I don't remember who made it, but it was regarding David Millar and 1x setups; it was the one stating that Millar took that non installed front dereileur (when the chain skipped and cost him the win) and put it on a shelf to remind himself to never do that again.
    It's so "inside baseball (cycling)", but so genius. Thought I'd give it props here again.

I tried to find a search function to link to it, but haven't found it.

It is the greatest post ever.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    david37 said:

Pross said:

The first aid courses I've done have always said to check back pockets before treating a casualty.

Well you need to get a drink out of it at least.
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Yeah, but despite it all I've had this bloody thing stuck in my head all afternoon...

Chapeau, that is very good!

I liked the Shaggy reference as well before.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95. said:

Maybe Pinot should drop out and focus on abandoning in week 3 of the Giro

It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,546
    FRom the Unpopular opinions thread 3rd Sept
    Pross said:

The best Tour stages in recent years have been flat 'sprinters' stages where there has been a cross wind and the organisers should have fewer mountain stages to concentrate on riding around the coastal areas.

Stage 7 the following day proves he is correct
  • ddraver

Reichenbach not great at descending either. Gets stick for it .

Are you suggesting his final problem is that (yes, I'm going there) Reichenbach falls?
    - @ddraver
  • Campaign to rename those big long bike computers as Hirschi bars starts here.

• ddraver
    edited September 2020

...not so much warp speed as Wout speed....

Ooh, nice one

(See Carlton, if you don't do it every sentence it's somewhat amusing...)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    RichN95. said:

Egan Bernal gets a pass on the worst look of the day as this has come to my attention. What is that tattooed on Nico Roche's. Maybe some words from one Ireland's great poets like Seamus Heaney or WB Yeats. But no, it's lyrics to an Ed Sheeran song (feat. Andrea Bocelli)

m.r.m. said:

In his defense, he has started the removal process.

- @ddraver
  • It's cruel and unnecessary and we need much more of this sort of amusing pettiness:

Must be a GC rider or two out the back....

....and Richie Porte.

• Lanterne_Rogue
    edited September 2020
    At one point today this post's megalomaniac determination to recur threatened to spill out across every other comment and leave it as the only post of the tour...

Baby Spartacus

(I assume some sort of a glitch in the matrix, rather than mididoctors really, really, really wanting us to see it!)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    It's not my invention btw been knocking round the bunch at the tour
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    edited September 2020
    RichN95. said:

Someone seriously should have realised Bardet had concussion when he tried to collect his musette

- @ddraver
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,546

Lacets post for Ineos

When Bernal faltered

:D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Not a post on the forum, but this is the Twitter thread of the Tour and demands a wider audience. It was even retweeted by one of it's subjects with the comment 'All seem pretty accurate'

Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    RichN95. said:

Well if it was Van Aert's bike they have a ready made join the dots conspiracy.

Maybe they were trying to push Van Aert through the X-Ray machine to check he isn't a cyborg.
    - @ddraver
  • david37 said:

Absolutely boring stage. they didnt even race at the end.

Rubbish.

I know - it really was awful.
    If it wasn’t for Hirschi beating Carapaz for the KOM points then crashing and now potentially losing his polka dot jersey claim, De Gendt being dropped by proper players for a change, Bilbao being in the break with then Landa attacking, not coming to much except Uran and Yates distanced, the yellow jersey group being smashed to pieces, Porte then puncturing but then Jumbo’s WVA and Dumoulin helping the chase back, Uran and Yates losing time and now all the top 5 GC guys (except Rog, maybe) looking a bit iffy for the top 10 placings, along with the Green and Polka Dot jerseys still being in the balance... now that awful lucky chancer Kwiatkowski who’s never won much flouncing in to the finish with that other Ineos Ecuadorean fancyman who’s minced his way into Polka dot... these massive whoopsies need to race with proper teams who make them grimace and zigzag across the road for their top 30 places rather than finishing 1st or 2nd and looking like they’re enjoying it. What sort of stupid message does that send to any young French rider thinking of coming twelfth at the Tour?
    Absolute rubbish. I’m not going to watch a moment more until tomorrow.
    Chapeau.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    david37 said:

Absolutely boring stage. they didnt even race at the end.

Rubbish.

Stage 18 finish
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95. said:

Not a post on the forum, but this is the Twitter thread of the Tour and demands a wider audience. It was even retweeted by one of it's subjects with the comment 'All seem pretty accurate'

That's brilliant.

Could do with an unroll though to make it a bit more readable...