thursday making things go bang since the sixties

'ning

hoping the calima dust has blown away, don't mind the heat but it's blocking the uv

ride cafes and bask, it's what i do
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry no wind quite nice out really, cycling early, shopping and house work will have to wait
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Burgers for breakfast as the freezer packed up yesterday, then WFH with a bit of freezer shopping thrown in and trying to dispose of old freezer.

Really tired for some reason today, didn't do much yesterday apart from some bike fettling.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Really tired too, but as I didn’t leave the pub till the early hours I may know the reason.

Nice walk with hounds and then a run, now work stuff
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    edited August 2020
    bit of wind has blown away the dust cloud, hurrah

scorchio, except stretch through yaiza that seems to be a heat trap, there it was incendio
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Vodka fuzz this morning and much of yesterdays charging about seems to have calmed down means I can think about what swimming shorts to pack.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Coughing up green stuff.

Isolate family for 4 months, then expose them to germs and then pass them on to me. Lovely, super.

Though C19 test came up negative.

On a more important note, there's no wind - which is good. But then there is no wind to blow the clouds away - which is not so good.

Hurricane Laura is about to test Trump's election bid.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Decent ride into the office, which is nicely quiet with few people in - and probably needs to be, given the aftermath of last nights 'eat out to help out' slap up curry :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Coughing up green stuff.

Isolate family for 4 months, then expose them to germs and then pass them on to me. Lovely, super.

Though C19 test came up negative.

On a more important note, there's no wind - which is good. But then there is no wind to blow the clouds away - which is not so good.

Huzzah! though it does mean I cant come up with the red paint for the door.

Very very dull today no wind either. Been playing with my new nail gun today going to make knocking things together an absolute breeze.

Many work things to work on then home stuff to do, such fun eh.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Huzzah! though it does mean I cant come up with the red paint for the door.

Freezer has been disposed of which was fun driving around with it hanging out of the back of the car boot.
    Neighbours on one side are still on holiday so could've done it MF style but I think the other neighbours would've grassed me up.

Only 3 more burgers to eat...

• thistle_
    pinno said:

He should build a sea wall, and make nature pay for it.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    7.15 a.m. leave for 9.00 tour of the Palace of Knossos. I had a smasher of a guide to myself for 90 minutes. We discussed archaeology, history, mythology, symbolic similarities across various religions, modern European politics, and why the penis on Greek statuary is so small. Drove back here, listened to Mrs H³ yelling at the boy for something, groaned and rolled eyes inwardly.

Lunch was a big plate of lamb chops and a side of tzatziki so garlicky, I think you can probably smell me from over there.

Archaeological museum at Heraklion tomorrow or Saturday for more antiquity. If only I could win the lottery, I'd be back to school to do post graduate academic work in a flash. Though I'm way too old and sh1t at it, it would keep me out of the pub.

Still scorchio, the breeze and the sea or pool stave off incendio.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

bit of wind has blown away the dust cloud, hurrah

scorchio, except stretch through yaiza that seems to be a heat trap, there it was incendio

sungod, I am somewhat intrigued to know your UV protection regime? Are you in Mrs H³'s camp? Hawaiian Tropic factor 4? Or does a sungod need no such nonsense, effortlessly turning slowly mahogany?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    i'm actually fair, but tan ok, used to be spf 4-6-8, minimum available seems to be 10 now, if i haven't been in real sun for a while, i.e. more than uk, i'll use a 15-20 to start - i'm picky, use a non-sticky nivea spray-pump one, oil is way too sticky, cream is a hassle

you have to take a professional approach...
    https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/1980/07/09
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    And busy day of WFH, the good news is today was my Friday so extra long weekend coming up.
    Hospital tomorrow for MRI results, hopefully they can do a to speed my recovery.
    Definitely no need for any spf here, the sky is leaking again.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

i'm actually fair, but tan ok, used to be spf 4-6-8, minimum available seems to be 10 now, if i haven't been in real sun for a while, i.e. more than uk, i'll use a 15-20 to start - i'm picky, use a non-sticky nivea spray-pump one, oil is way too sticky, cream is a hassle

you have to take a professional approach...
    https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/1980/07/09

Blimey and to think I use SPF 50.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Sky leaked more, somebody was canoeing down a road a couple of hundred yards away. Thankfully because we are on a corner water carries on passed us.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Not had a drenching like that for a while. Thought I'd wait a bit for it to rain itself out, but the weather saved its best effort for me headed home. Forecast said thundery showers this evening, turned out moderately biblical.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Boy did it leak I paddled home on my bike and my front mudguard finally gave up. Broke on the bridge like all sks.

I did a permanent fix of those damn SKS's.

You can scroll down page 1 if you want to skip a bit.

They're still going btw.

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13000690/mudguards#latest