Tubeless Winter Disc Wheels

I've had a search on the forum but can't really find anything and I'm not digging through the pages and pages of the handbuilt thread :D

I'm after some new tubeless wheels for the winter bike, I know it is only August but the typical British summer weather has me thinking ahead.

As they are for my winter bike they will be ridden in poor conditions and need to cope with hitting the odd pothole. So I want wheels/hubs that are serviceable and brass nipples. I'm 75kgs so not exactly a wheel breaker but I was thinking 28 spokes minimum for some margin.

With the winter bike having guards and lights I'm not fussed by aero or a few extra grams.

My budget is £300-£400 and scribe wheels have caught my eye. Their gravel and duty d wheels seem to tick the boxes.

Anyone have any recommendations?
***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

Comments

• yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    As always Malcolm @ The cycle clinic is a very good choice.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Yeah if Malcom is making them they'll be cracking wheels
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • As above ref Cycleclinic and Borgs (kinlin rims) but also look at H Plus Son the Hydra. I've been running these rims as winter discs for a few years now and have been impressed.

Hope hubs are very reliable for winter wheels and their aftersales is superb should you ever need it.

With a bit of careful hub sourcing you should be able to squeeze under your top end budget with the following combination
    Hope RS4 hubs
    Hydra or Kinlin rims
    Sapim Race spokes.

Also, you could drop DCR wheels a line as well as I would recommend David's wheels also.

24/28 spoke count also.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,827
    Cheers chaps. I have dropped Malcolm an email.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****