wednesday has discontinuous curvature

'ning

forecast muy scorchio with light wind

ride far, many cafes, even more calories, cool off in pool
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, forecast rain and strong winds.
    Dog walked ,just deciding on tea or coffee, busy day again.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Drop old car off at work, so should get a decent ride in later depending on the weather.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    More lurking. Cultural days for me tomorrow and Friday, possibly Monday.

Ate off the resort for dinner yesterday evening. EUR 60 for 4 meze (including spanking fresh calamari), 4 meat/fish main courses, a litre of wine, water, soft drinks for the kids. V casual, v delicious. Fortunately my wish to sit and drink Metaxa after dinner was overruled.

Still scorchio, with plenty more forecast. No emails from Japan overnight.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Work from home with a fair few meetings. But on the plus side out for a slap up curry later. Eat out to help out plus £5 Amex discount means £20 worth of curry for a fiver :) Luckily I'm cycling to work tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    En route my favourite Eye Hospital for another poke in the eye. Ho hum. Life innit.

Then mandatory 48h do SFA.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Currently eating out to help out, but not helping with the waistline.
    Last week it was packed in here, this week it's only me. I'll assume it's just the weather's made everyone think August has finished already.

Waiting for Amazon stuff and bike maintenance later I think.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Not much to report other than at least the Arc can stay parked, for today at least...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Moaning.

Currently seeking vacuum leak on Porker#1.

...and going around in circles at the gates of the interlocution dept. (education wing).

When 1 dept. doesn't know what the other is doing coupled with the fact that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...

Good luck with the eye jab 'Loon. Not nice that malarkey.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    rode into the calima at 8-ish, temp suddenly jumped to 34, then carried on up, toasty
  • thistle_
    Plod have just got back to me about the video I sent them of 2 cars cutting in front of me mid TT and slamming on the anchors.
    Apparently they don't think any offence was committed grrr.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Away now for 9 days for "work". Think this is going to be a shambles, but whatever. Brought a bike with me so at least I can fill in the spare time riding.

Now trialling a very - er - unusual shiraz. May take a few goes to get used to it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    unusual shiraz? does that mean more like old world alcohol levels :smiley:

i have been compelled to have some beers to try and get the taste of sahara out of my mouth, may need a few more

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    It's quite good, just a completely different style to any I've had. Standard--ish 14%
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Careful now you 2, talking of drinks will get you called things by bot things...

Thanks Pinno. 2/10 on the post irritation scale which is nae bother. If 10/10 is get to A&E now, in past I've had a couple of 8/10s. Is when iodine traces get left in, not rinsed out and the anaesthetic wears off.

Btw (lady) doc valued my eyelashes at £50; treatment side effect means naturally luxuriant, no need for falsies.

The Eye Hospital much busier this month, many more old and frails in evidence, must indicate that Fear is being overcome by Need for treatments. Which is good.

Rest of day is feet up, catch up on the Nationals various and the Europeans courtesy Eurosport Player.
  • sungod
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:
    That is a very long-winded way of taking the p1$$ out of the Sweaties. Credit where credit is due :smiley:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:
    That is a very long-winded way of taking the p1$$ out of the Sweaties. Credit where credit is due :smiley:
    If whoever it was just did a find and replace as suggested, you could write a bot/script to populate it all for you.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:
    If whoever it was just did a find and replace as suggested, you could write a bot/script to populate it all for you.
    Says it was done over a decade with more than 200,000 edits on the way. That's dedication for you.

Two examples:

"A veelage is a clustered human settlement or community, larger than a hamlet but smawer than a toun, wi a population rangin frae a few hunder tae a few thoosand (sometimes tens o thoosands)."

"In Greek meethology, the Minotaur wis a creatur wi the heid o a bull an the body o a man or, as describit bi Roman poet Ovid, a being "pairt man an pairt bull". The Minotaur wis eventually killed bi the Athenian hero Theseus."

Wonder if this is what Nicola Sturgeon does in her spare time? :smile:
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:
    Says it was done over a decade with more than 200,000 edits on the way. That's dedication for you.

Two examples:

"A veelage is a clustered human settlement or community, larger than a hamlet but smawer than a toun, wi a population rangin frae a few hunder tae a few thoosand (sometimes tens o thoosands)."

"In Greek meethology, the Minotaur wis a creatur wi the heid o a bull an the body o a man or, as describit bi Roman poet Ovid, a being "pairt man an pairt bull". The Minotaur wis eventually killed bi the Athenian hero Theseus."

Wonder if this is what Nicola Sturgeon does in her spare time? :smile:
    The myth of a Scots language laid bare.