Adam Yates, Ineos gt leader or domestique?

david37
david37 Posts: 1,313
What will his role be?

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,731
    He'll be hoping Ineos have something that can get him to that next level but probably accepting that if you take the money there is every chance you end up as a super domestique. Either way it makes sense for him - he's what - 28? - if he's going to try something new better to do it now while you are in your prime.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,284

He'll be hoping Ineos have something that can get him to that next level but probably accepting that if you take the money there is every chance you end up as a super domestique. Either way it makes sense for him - he's what - 28? - if he's going to try something new better to do it now while you are in your prime.

This, plus the fact that it looks like Ineos are moving toward having joint leaders in GTs, so even if he's mainly a super-domestique he's likely to get a protected role in Vuelta/Giro at some point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Can he time trial? Yes, can he climb? Yes. He’s G.C. material for sure, I reckon he’ll be given a crack at at least one G.T. fairly soon. Will he enjoy being a hill Dom? Probably not, but I reckon that will be his role until he’s given the green light to go for a G.C. win.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    He will be domestique.

And I always thought that his brother was the better of the two, so suprised that Adam ended up with Team Ineos.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,451
    zest28 said:

He will be domestique.

And I always thought that his brother was the better of the two, so suprised that Adam ended up with Team Ineos.

Well they couldn't sign Simon unless their policy has changed with the new sponsor.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Pross said:

zest28 said:

He will be domestique.

Well they couldn't sign Simon unless their policy has changed with the new sponsor.

I think Ratcliffe said it had.
    Twitter: @RichN95