'ning

ride a bit, shops, cafes, bask

thinking about flying straight back out of uk next week to work from pool
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

WFH, might squeeze in a bike ride at lunchtime. Nothing planned really.
    sungod said:

Wonder how that would work: do you need to self isolate if someone just hands you your laptop at the airport and you fly straight back out?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler, blustery, but dry, a bit of diy today radiator to move in hall way, so will more than likely cycling later if it stays fine.

I don’t blame you Sungod ,there is nothing to look forward to in the uk only autumn and winter.

Have a good week
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

Morning

WFH, might squeeze in a bike ride at lunchtime. Nothing planned really.

sungod said:

Wonder how that would work: do you need to self isolate if someone just hands you your laptop at the airport and you fly straight back out?
    it's explicitly allowed to travel from home to leave the uk :smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work for the first time in weeks today 😢 so obviously a shite sleep despite ale.

Car cleaning and pub avoidance for the first time in ages later
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, slow start to the day doing work based nonsense. TLW you should have added a shot of something to your ale usually helps (well does me).
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    As close as I get to basking. I turn to dust and ashes in direct sunlight. Will go for a dip in a bit. Poached eggs and grilled mushrooms for breakfast.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman said:

You sound like you suffer like me Hoppy, any sign of sun and I turn bright red unless covered in factor 50. Looks nice there I'd just need the lounger in the shade and that would be me sorted. Enjoy.

Cheers Oxo. My lower arms, face and lower legs go brownish - cyclist tan. Rest of me burns, probably due to lack of practice. Very happy with a book on a lounger under a tree though. The sea is very refreshing.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

You sound like you suffer like me Hoppy, any sign of sun and I turn bright red unless covered in factor 50. Looks nice there I'd just need the lounger in the shade and that would be me sorted. Enjoy.

Cheers Oxo. My lower arms, face and lower legs go brownish - cyclist tan. Rest of me burns, probably due to lack of practice. Very happy with a book on a lounger under a tree though. The sea is very refreshing.
    Sounds exactly like me. Probably why I prefer skiing holidays as you only have to bother about stopping your face burning.

Another day on the hamster wheel. Think I'll eat out to help out for lunch, a full English beckons :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb said:

oxoman said:

Rest of me burns, probably due to lack of practice.
    Nah, it's 'cos you're Ginger innit.

Nice day today before tomorrow's windy deluge.
    Once i've sorted stuff out, i'll go pedal.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Ginga,s can't help it. 🤣.

They're designed to live in Jockland.

• Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Ginga,s can't help it. 🤣. Stevo I'd love skiing or snowboarding but I'm about as good as Mr Bean or Austin powers.

Tried it, or just reckon you'd be crap Oxo? Worth a pop if only for the apres ski.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Sunny start that soon deteriorated into more showers. Slack day WFH. Went out and picked up an old bike for fun project to mess about with, makes a nice round 10 in the shed.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Tried it, prefer to climb / scramble and hike in the snow and ice.

Ah, OK. You can still do that while the rest go skiing :)

Speaking of which I need some exercise after pigging out to help out. Large full English with an extra sausage washed down with two pots of tea. Buuurp.
  • pinno
    edited August 2020
    ...or add 'lbs' after the '666' to his user id.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo get 🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️or end up looking a tad 🐖🐖🐷

Running when the rain stops...in the meantime I shall just have to avoid swimming near Japan or Norway :)