Orbea Orca Aero / Giant TCR Pro 1 disc

I'm thinking of treating myself to a new bike, one of these.

Does anyone have either? Any thoughts? Comments?

I currently do 30-70km rides, mostly hilly roads.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    What do you have now ?
  • vegas76
    vegas76 Posts: 278
    I have a Giant TCR Advanced 1 disc with a set of carbon wheels.
  • Just got the new TCR Adv Pro 0, thoroughly in love with it, coming off a Defy of 3 years.

Looked at the Orca's (not the full aero one) in the research process, might have been keen but couldn't find one and they were due to roll out another lot in January 2021according to their website. So walked into a shop, saw the TCR and couldn't pay fast enough.
    Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc 0 2021
    Nukeproof Digger Comp 2021
    YT Capra Pro Race 29 2018
    Genesis Tour de Fer 2018
    All City Big Block SS 2020
    Giant Defy Adv 1 2016
  • vegas76

Just got the new TCR Adv Pro 0, thoroughly in love with it, coming off a Defy of 3 years.

Looked at the Orca's (not the full aero one) in the research process, might have been keen but couldn't find one and they were due to roll out another lot in January 2021according to their website. So walked into a shop, saw the TCR and couldn't pay fast enough.

There's a lot going for the TCR for sure. Brilliant bike. The only downside which is a big deal is that the wheels are hookless rims and continental GP5000TLs won't be compatible...
  • I'm generally a GP5000 guy, got the stock Cadex tyres on just now and not seeing a down side currently. Absolutely rinsed my last rear GP5000 in a couple months, will see how these fair.
    Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc 0 2021
    Nukeproof Digger Comp 2021
    YT Capra Pro Race 29 2018
    Genesis Tour de Fer 2018
    All City Big Block SS 2020
    Giant Defy Adv 1 2016
  • vegas76
    Also been reading up on the Wilier Cento10 SL (yet to be released) which looks pretty interesting.