Castelli Sanremo 4.0 speedsuit sizing?

I've heard that you should size up for this..

I'm usually an S in Castelli tops, although I'm an M in the climber's jersey. I'm an M in Assos bibs, although could wear an S.

I'm thinking M for the speedsuit? Obviously the whole point of it is to be tight though, so I'm worried about it not being.

Comments

• siddy1972
    siddy1972 Posts: 180
    I’m a size bigger than you- normally M, got an L in the SanRemo. Fits a treat- any tighter it’d be spray on!
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Great, thanks - sounds as if M is my size if I can sqeeze into it..
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    An S in Castelli tops? Wow...

At 66 kg I struggle to fit in an M
    left the forum March 2023
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,116
    Best advice for these is to size for the shorts, not the top.
    I have two, both the winter and summer one and I don't think they size any smaller than other Castelli clothes (and certainly not as tight as my Aero jersey) so go with your normal size as a start.
  • neeb

Well, I'm 63-64kg and squeeze into an S for the gabba, perfetto etc. Definitely an M in the climber's jersey, and that's a tight fit.. Castelli seem really inconsistent across the range.
  • neeb

Best advice for these is to size for the shorts, not the top.
    I have two, both the winter and summer one and I don't think they size any smaller than other Castelli clothes (and certainly not as tight as my Aero jersey) so go with your normal size as a start.

Ah well, I've an M on order (with the option to swap if it doesn't fit) - let's see.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052

71kn now a medium is just right but then i'm a short arse
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • neeb
    Got my medium today and it's pretty much a perfect fit.