Mitts and winter gloves.

Anyone recommend some decent fingerless mitts and winter gloves please.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Galibier for both.

They do some nice unpadded summer mitts that are very good value.

The Barrier winter gloves are excellent too.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    I have recently started riding without mitts and realised they're a waste of time... save some money and buy better quality gloves for the cold season
    left the forum March 2023
  • teisetrotter
    teisetrotter Posts: 342
    edited August 2020
    I never wore mitts until I went over the handlebars at a crit ......... now I wear Mitts when I am racing or when I am training hard. Not going through that again!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243

I never wore mitts until I went over the handlebars at a crit ......... now I wear Mitts when I am racing or when I am training hard. Not going through that again!

Agree... they are good for that and probably only for that
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks for the input folks.I suffer from osteoarthritis in both hands,mainly the right hand so i've always gone mitts with gel pads.After about 30 mile into a ride my hands ache especially middle finger and thumb on right hand.I usually spend around £25-£30 on mitts / gloves,should i be spending more? Someone told me to try gel strips under my bar tape.My hands can become painful it does spoil my ride sometimes
  • OK. Don't skimp then. Giro mitts are good and expensive. Also just in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmoxOdWdZck
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    I use a pair of Galibier's Soller Pro mitts (now replaced by the Equipe pro, but looks like the same design) - they work for me, but the padding is minimal.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    I got a pair of Castelli Estremo gloves last year as part of a cycle2work voucher. RRP £100, but thought it was worth a punt with c2w, since I suffer from Raynaud and live in Edinburgh. These are nice for me until about freezing, but not lower. However, I don't think they're worth RRP, £50 tops.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    drhaggis said:

I got a pair of Castelli Estremo gloves last year as part of a cycle2work voucher. RRP £100, but thought it was worth a punt with c2w, since I suffer from Raynaud and live in Edinburgh. These are nice for me until about freezing, but not lower. However, I don't think they're worth RRP, £50 tops.

I sold mine as I couldn't wear them when it was above zero. Hands got far too hot!

Impressive gloves but not for most people and for UK riding