saturday hearing the purr of the universe

'ning

ride, cafes, bask in the scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Currently got an interlude in the rain, looks like normal service will resume shortly.

Need to find a pharmacy, then put missing bits back on bike before a race this afternoon, hopefully in the dry.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wind dropped well slightly, Sunny start, bike ride soon, lawns to cut Later providing it doesn’t rain

Good luck with the race thistle

Have a good weekend
  • Good moaning, yes wind seems a little less, the lawn is covered in fallen apples (cider comes to mind), shopping today Doh! rain forecast for later so maybe its a beer day :) after that

Enjoy the weekend
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Moaning.

Weather is looking better for a brief window. Must go pedal.

The left arm is a bit sore after yesterday's battery incident, so i'll pedal one armed but that impediment will be offset by ceramic bearings.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Had a lie in till 10, much needed. Will go drop off/collect a few things then to the local chaff for bacon, eggs, sausages and coffee. That's good enough plan for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Good moaning, yes wind seems a little less, the lawn is covered in fallen apples (cider comes to mind), shopping today Doh! rain forecast for later so maybe its a beer day :) after that

Enjoy the weekend

Our apple tree has been dropping a few recently but they really do taste cr@p. Even the dogs won't eat them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Good moaning, yes wind seems a little less, the lawn is covered in fallen apples (cider comes to mind), shopping today Doh! rain forecast for later so maybe its a beer day :) after that

Enjoy the weekend

Our apple tree has been dropping a few recently but they really do taste cr@p. Even the dogs won't eat them.
    Crab apples probably but great for cider making.
    oxoman said:

Pinno what you been playing at, not to hurt I hope.

Read my post at the end of yesterdays thread.
    Took my bad arm out for a ride today, seen as I can't unbolt it and it was okay thankfully. No major issues holding the bars/scratching my arris.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Just been sorting out the old tut from under the lash to in the back garden. Space for more bikes now 😆 somehow not how the EPO sees things.
    Glad you managed to ride Pina. Still can't ride on my bad arm of course, haven't reduced myself to running yet but I'll have to soon to avoid complete couch potato syndrome. Follow up to MRI on Friday so hopefully can move on after that.
    Off to see the old dear shortly, might walk there to get some air.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Enjoy the weekend

Good point, the snails and slugs in the compost bin will have a party. Maybe next year...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    scorchio con los fuegos del infierno del diablo, had to drink double beers, fortunately there's a separate fridge just for drinks, so plenty on hand

too many injuries in bb, anyone'd think we were getting on a bit
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Speak up Sungod.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    sungod said:

scorchio con los fuegos del infierno del diablo, had to drink double beers, fortunately there's a separate fridge just for drinks, so plenty on hand

Careful now SG, there are weirdos about on this internet thingie who'll be deeming you an alcoholic.

Daughter #1's sig birthday today. Had a lovely time with her, her mother, her pals from early school days and some recent work colleagues. All outside and sanitised of course. Left them to it, time for generation n+1 to leave the party. Perhaps da kidz will be traumatised by seeing me drink a bottle of Corona.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cr@p apples, not crab apples

:smiley:

• thistle_
    sungod said:

I'm not injured (yet) just diseased (shingles).
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    It is a thing that apple varieties trad used for making cider are not that pleasant to eat. Free fact for you there.
  • pinno

sungod said:

Eeek. I had Shingles. Not fun. Are you out the other side yet?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Eeek. I had Shingles. Not fun. Are you out the other side yet?
    It's not that bad, just itchy and feels a bit odd.
    I've had it a few times over the last couple of years but this is the worst so far, and the doctor was sufficiently concerned to prescribe something (which I still haven't been able to get hold of).
  • pinno
    Oh great. What was it your were going to get prescribed?

I had it once. It was bad. Blisters all over the left hand side of the body. The only alleviation was Co-codamol crushed into a powder and mixed with E45 cream spread all over.
    If I get a bit hot and sweaty now, my neck itches.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Aciclovir?
    Never had it before but hoping it will make me faster.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Shingles? Pfft I have something covid 😂 that's not really one to brag over though.

An Pinno clearly go infected with my sudden terramagnetisim disorder. Though mines owning to some crap pedals.

Much faffing in the garden today and the amusing situation of my dog getting stuck in the trench I'd dug, I'm assuming she either got curious an fell in or wanted to do some digging herself. Anyway extricated dog brushed off the dirt am she went an hid indoors.

Weather gopping as per bring a dinner living in middle heckville. Windy random sharp showers etc none of this sun SG has been lapping up, what did they call this storm Egor or something?

Anyway pedal tomorrow morning an then faff about doing things.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Aciclovir?
    Never had it before but hoping it will make me faster.

Slower unfortunately. And sleepier.

• pinno
    edited August 2020
    step83 said:

...my dog getting stuck in the trench I'd dug...

Ah, she actually got stuck in the ditch. I thought she was getting stuck in...

I'm going.