friday skirting the caldera

'ning

ride to haria and back in the scorchio, hopefully without the howling wind this time, followed by a relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    sungod said:

'ning

ride to haria and back in the scorchio, hopefully without the howling wind this time, followed by a relax

I thought howling wind was compulsory over there?

Wet here, but WFH so don't need to go out. Aching anyway from too much yoga and stuff last night.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, that howling wind is now in Lincolnshire, a busy day today.
    Have a good day
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Indeed howling wind is down in Heckville many wonky trees I'll await some snapping later.

quiet day processing ahead then take the OH for a meal. Weekends looking a bit meh so squeeze in some riding and probably have a lazy weekend.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Quite normal howling wind here too in the Western fringes of Jockland.

But the sun is out. Need to get my arris moving and actually get some things done. On second thoughts...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Nicely busy Friday, walking the dog, then a long walk late afternoon. Minor work nuisance in between.

Wondering whether to buy a Streamer / DAC or all-new amp combo thing instead. Much research done.

Last wheel part-built needs to be disassembled and start again. Grrrr

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    edited August 2020
    You're not tapping that inner Zen WS.

Bit like me. Whilst carrying the newly charged battery for Porker#1, I went 4rse over t1t. Although I can't say that 'cos there might be women present, so i'll say 'base over apex'.
    I blame Step - he's got falling over disease and has passed it on. That incident relinquished any inner Zen.

Everything is done on Porker #1 (ostensibly) and just might pass it's MOT but it's running like a bag of nails. Bugger.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522

sungod said:

'ning

I thought howling wind was compulsory over there?

Wet here, but WFH so don't need to go out. Aching anyway from too much yoga and stuff last night.
    it's been 35-50kph the last couple of weeks, rather than 20-30kph which is fine, some routes are just nasty with the higher wind

lighter wind has brought higher temp, hit high thirties climbing back up haria around 11, it was like riding into a fan heater coming back

relax time

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    sungod said:

it's been 35-50kph the last couple of weeks, rather than 20-30kph which is fine, some routes are just nasty with the higher wind

I know what you mean about nasty: I remember getting so badly sandblasted while trying to ride back along the coast road in Fuerteventura that I turned around and went back the hilly inland route and added about 15 miles onto the ride :neutral:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Now back from day of mountain biking, lots of xc and fast trail stuff, fun was had. Legs are dead as we did a fair few miles on top of the bike commute to work yesterday. Cold cider now in hand so all is good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wife and daughter out so spent the day playing roblox with the boy. Mega miners..
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    In Cov, dropping dog with mother, ate kebab batch as big as my head for £4, tomorrow drive back, pack, argue, bicker, 4.30 a.m. taxi, lounge, 7 a.m. flight. Then...sunshine, gyros, varied and delicious salads, yoghurt, honey, nuts, tzatziki, tarama, big fat kalamata olives, souvlaki, giouvetsi, kalitsounia, spanakopita, loukomades, raki, metaxa, mythos. I am even led to believe that Cretan wine is good. I've been to Spain so much in the last few years, I'd forgotten all the Greek food and drink I love.

Knossos and other fascinating Minoan ruins shall be researched and visited by me, while the other fcukers look at their ipads by the pool. More fool them. I shall entertain and enlighten them with a short lecture on classical and pre-classical civilisation each evening.

At least we've shelled out this time, so there won't be any fcuking bingo, terrible tribute acts, sub Jim Davidson comedians, or 4th rate illusionists.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    hopkinb said:

In Cov, dropping dog with mother, ate kebab batch as big as my head for £4, tomorrow drive back, pack, argue, bicker, 4.30 a.m. taxi, lounge, 7 a.m. flight. Then...sunshine, gyros, varied and delicious salads, yoghurt, honey, nuts, tzatziki, tarama, big fat kalamata olives, souvlaki, giouvetsi, kalitsounia, spanakopita, loukomades, raki, metaxa, mythos. I am even led to believe that Cretan wine is good. I've been to Spain so much in the last few years, I'd forgotten all the Greek food and drink I love.

Knossos and other fascinating Minoan ruins shall be researched and visited by me, while the other fcukers look at their ipads by the pool. More fool them. I shall entertain and enlighten them with a short lecture on classical and pre-classical civilisation each evening.

At least we've shelled out this time, so there won't be any fcuking bingo, terrible tribute acts, sub Jim Davidson comedians, or 4th rate illusionists.

We went to Crete last year. Food was great, wine was very good. Some interesting places to visit as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]