thursday is more complicated around binary stars

'ning

lazy ride, cafes, bask, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another bright start , let’s hope the rain keeps off today, cycling, gardening, shopping probably not in that order
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Hounds walked, car collected from town after a pleasant run. Now grab some food and put on the Lycra for a ride over to Bala to meet family and friends for swimming and kayaking.

Later is ale as it’s still holiday
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    More wfh, which will probably turn to "work from holiday" next week. Rolls eyes.

At least there should be a sunny aspect today after yesterday's unrelenting rain.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    WFW as I've got a meeting later, at least it sunny.
    Had one day off and back to an inbox full of shite and everyone else is AWOL.

Gym later (hopefully).
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Last day before a long weekend, much to do.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Bright but bloody windy.

Procrastinating.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Mrs DHL has been moaning about her phone battery barely lasting the day. As I pointed out, switching off the screen time-out may not be helping.
    Other news, just fitting new bb and chain daughters bike.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Sitting in a nice air conditioned office in town after a nice and much needed pedal in. Brought packed lunch but may need to top up at the local sarni place this afternoon. A few more people starting to emerge from under their rocks after the top brass hinted that coming into the office from time to time might be a good idea.

Fun bike session still on for tomorrow, I'm going to be knackered by the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Thursday already? Nipped into town this morning to collect a couple of new saddles to try on various bikes, and a new helmet that actually fits.

Decided late afternoon to do a little power-tool gardening to fill the green waste bins for this evening. Timed it just right for the one and only heavy shower of rain for the day. 🙄

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    scorchio again, and seems the wind has finally dropped, plotting a long ride at dawn to take advantage
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Brought packed lunch but may need to top up at the local sarni place this afternoon. A few more people starting to emerge from under their rocks after the top brass hinted that coming into the office from time to time might be a good idea.

Our top dog has said similar, except he used the word "expected" rather than hinted, but it's much better working at home despite the cr@p broadband and lack of people to chat to.

I wanted to pop to the local sandwich place at lunchtime, but then remembered he closed down a couple of weeks ago and I'm not sure if there's anywhere decent left. Pre lockdown I remember him saying he was struggling because nobody was sitting in any more and all his outside catering had dried up because nobody was having physical meetings any more.

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Brought packed lunch but may need to top up at the local sarni place this afternoon. A few more people starting to emerge from under their rocks after the top brass hinted that coming into the office from time to time might be a good idea.

Our top dog has said similar, except he used the word "expected" rather than hinted, but it's much better working at home despite the cr@p broadband and lack of people to chat to.

I wanted to pop to the local sandwich place at lunchtime, but then remembered he closed down a couple of weeks ago and I'm not sure if there's anywhere decent left. Pre lockdown I remember him saying he was struggling because nobody was sitting in any more and all his outside catering had dried up because nobody was having physical meetings any more.

Well it was 'hinted', followed up by a rota for what 2 days of the week each department should come into the office. We get Thursdays and Fridays - I'd rather the days were spread out in the week for cycling, but better for after work beers once those get going again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    I hate barsteward conifer hedges. Spent all afternoon in the hot sun trimming and tidying said barsteward thing at Daughter #1's place, ahead of her having a birthday bash at the weekend. Why do people plant forest trees in suburban housing estates? She inherited the bleeper. I reckon this is the last time it gets trimmed, she is on board with the xxxxer coming out. Chainsaw time beckons.

Blxxdy knackered now. First beer down, more to follow...
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Why do people plant forest trees in suburban housing estates?

My hedge is bigger than your hedge syndrome.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH and trying to avoid too much stupid. The old dear is back from her trip to Italy, seems to have had a good time being bonkers over there, now being completely hatstand over here again.
    Seems strange to allocate days in the office by department, we've done the opposite and each department has to have cover in the office on any given day, but not too many in at once to enable distancing. Very different set up I guess.
    Unfortunately my beautiful assistant is now on holiday for 10 days so I'll have to deal with more menial stuff. Good news is that will help me avoid much of the stupid.
  • tlw1

Unfortunately my beautiful assistant is now on holiday for 10 days so I'll have to deal with more menial stuff

Hope he has a good break
  • tlw1

Unfortunately my beautiful assistant is now on holiday for 10 days so I'll have to deal with more menial stuff

Hope he has a good break
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH and trying to avoid too much stupid. The old dear is back from her trip to Italy, seems to have had a good time being bonkers over there, now being completely hatstand over here again.
    Seems strange to allocate days in the office by department, we've done the opposite and each department has to have cover in the office on any given day, but not too many in at once to enable distancing. Very different set up I guess.
    Unfortunately my beautiful assistant is now on holiday for 10 days so I'll have to deal with more menial stuff. Good news is that will help me avoid much of the stupid.

Idea is that we tend to talk and interact with folks in the same department so being in on the same days encourages that. We'll see how well it works pretty soon.