wednesday there is no now

'ning

long ride, assuming yesterday's gale has ceased by the time the sun is over the volcano, later bask in the extreme uv
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a nice bright start here, less wind , early ride , yet another blood test later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Usual walk/run stuff and then into town as the kids want to spend their holiday cash, then a meal somewhere
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Dry here at the moment.
    Compulsory day off today, no plans as of yet.
    Forecast doesn't look too great.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Compulsory day off? Can I have one of those?

Grey an damp here more dampness expected to cascade from the heavens down upon us later.

I've set the dog up on door duty to warn me when the post person arrives (Can't tell gender so not assuming in case of offence) Dogs usually tactic for thwarting dangerous intruders will be used. Bark, twirl like a nut case then fall over and demand belly rubs, great for telling me someones there, not so good at deterring burglars.

Anyway someone reckons we have some work to do so I guess I should look an see if this accusation is in anyway true.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Compulsory day off? Can I have one of those?

It's coming out of our annual leave so it's not ideal, especially when there's a ton of stuff that needs doing.
    Head office blinkers as usual.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    It's set to tank down soon for the rest of the day, so the planned mountain biking jaunt has been pushed back to Friday and I'm working today instead.

Got plenty holiday left so will take some random days in September before Stropteen disappears off to uni.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Pixxing it down. Do some admin. Seek out some new shorts. What a day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    step83 said:

Dogs usually tactic for thwarting dangerous intruders will be used. Bark, twirl like a nut case then fall over and demand belly rubs...

Maybe he'll trip the intruder up. You never know.

Brightening up here.

I dunno what today consists of. It all depends on what level of cba i'm at.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Could do with some new trainers for weekend as we've a grown ups weekend away dahn sarf.

And I'm also trying to work out if a new Garmin 1030 is worth it or not.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Sacked off a big hike this morning due to the forecast, but we've only had a couple of showers here rather than the huge downpours.

Contemplating trying for the 100k badge on Zwift, but legs are currently saying no after accidentally going up some 20% climb last night.
  • pinno

Nope.

I dunno what for. Unless you're training for a particular event or even going cycling somewhere not local to you (even then, you can get an AA road atlas for less than a tenner).

If you want to record mileage, time, ave speed etc buy a bike computer. Cheap. No download hassle. No fear of damaging/loosing it.

• pinno

...after accidentally going up some 20% climb last night.

Something wrong with your handlebars Thistle?

• step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Dogs usually tactic for thwarting dangerous intruders will be used. Bark, twirl like a nut case then fall over and demand belly rubs...

Maybe he'll trip the intruder up. You never know.

Brightening up here.

I dunno what today consists of. It all depends on what level of cba i'm at.
    Never know, dogs like a log anyway when she lays down. The ever fearsome mini EBT breed for you alternate between sleeping and eating.

Also nosing at counter tops on that mail you sent me, hiding it from the OH she may want new kitchen tops.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    pinno said:

Nope.

I dunno what for. Unless you're training for a particular event or even going cycling somewhere not local to you (even then, you can get an AA road atlas for less than a tenner).

If you want to record mileage, time, ave speed etc buy a bike computer. Cheap. No download hassle. No fear of damaging/loosing it.

I've got the 1000 edge now but the 1030 is geared towards the Vector 3's which "hopefully" arrived at home today.

I was in training for Outlaw Half 70.3 which was supposed to have run in May but has been deferred to 2021 because someone got a cough. I guess that counts as something.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

Also nosing at counter tops on that mail you sent me, hiding it from the OH she may want new kitchen tops.

And saying no after she got you back on your feet (three times) could present some problems.

"...just looking at cheap one's - these are no good for kitchens, they'll never last..."

• thistle_
    pinno said:

...after accidentally going up some 20% climb last night.

Something wrong with your handlebars Thistle?

No just something wrong with my mapreading.
    Could've done with one of those fancy new Garmins to point me in the right direction :wink:
  • Managed more rishi's dishes with the outlaws for lunch. Beats cooking and washing up.
  • thistle_

Managed more rishi's dishes with the outlaws for lunch.

£2 for poached egg on toast for breakfast here, first time I've managed to get out somewhere to use the discount.

• step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

And saying no after she got you back on your feet (three times) could present some problems.

"...just looking at cheap one's - these are no good for kitchens, they'll never last..."

If I use the work laptop it has a privacy filter on the screen, have to be directly in front of it or you see nothing ;)
  • pinno said:

step83 said:

I still want fished the kitchen I fitted out 10 years ago. I'd rather mrs DHL moaned about finishing that than fitting a new one.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

If I use the work laptop it has a privacy filter on the screen, have to be directly in front of it or you see nothing ;)
    You mean you're going to steer her clear of the garage on a permanent basis?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Still haven't finished our kitchen, what's the rush?