Lightweight Integrated ICR handlebars

Trying to source the best way to shave some weight from my new Orbea Orca OMX cockpit which is 420 gr (believing the rumours that put Orbea's ICR stem at 220 gr.

I'm thinking on going integrated but I'm having some difficulty on sourcing bars that are lightweight and allow for full internal cable routing.

For what it seems to me after digging some information on it, going for a cockpit from another bike Brand can possibly be a solution.

I was looking at BMC carbon integrated, Factor one and Ribble Level 5 integrated handlebars, all of those at around 310-330 gr, but having doubts if they can be fitted to my Orbea.

I really appreciate and thank in advance for any input and/or feedback on this matter.

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Sounds like a waste of money for 100g if I’m being honest. Do you really think you will notice the difference in weight? I’d only swap them if the reach or handlebar shape didn’t suit me. Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear.

PP
  • naavt
    naavt Posts: 226

Sounds like a waste of money for 100g if I’m being honest. Do you really think you will notice the difference in weight? I’d only swap them if the reach or handlebar shape didn’t suit me. Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear.

PP

Yes, you're right and I know that, but I'm on a journey to shave some overall weight, not only on the handlebars. The goal is to achieve near 7,5 kgs
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Maybe try the Weight Weenies forum. Plenty of people over there who are keen on this sort of mission.

On here you're mostly going to get people telling you to go on a diet or have a big poo before you ride.
  • Only one bottle cage and smaller bottle. That's a kilogram down already.
  • naavt
    naavt Posts: 226
    mrb123 said:

Maybe try the Weight Weenies forum. Plenty of people over there who are keen on this sort of mission.

On here you're mostly going to get people telling you to go on a diet or have a big poo before you ride.

Thanks for the tip!
  • mrb123 said:

:D It is often just sifting through people telling the OP that they're mental before finding genuine help.
    Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc 0 2021
    Nukeproof Digger Comp 2021
    YT Capra Pro Race 29 2018
    Genesis Tour de Fer 2018
    All City Big Block SS 2020
    Giant Defy Adv 1 2016