Endura Pro SL Bib Shorts Q's

When selecting the Chamois width (Narrow, Medium and Wide), does the actual Chamois width alter or is it the padding itself which alters in width and the Chamois remains the same size throughout the range?

I'm concerned if I order a wide pad, the groin area of the pad will be too wide and have too much "overhang" and cause discomfort, where the legs meet the torso.

Secondly, are the sizings accurate or would you go +1, as with most shorts.

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Not quite sure about the pad, I didn't realise they were abailable in different widths. As far as sizing goes - I'm a medium in 99% of normal clothing but often size up +1 for cycling kit (especially Italian brands). These are not Italian though and a medium in these shorts fitted me perfectly - 5'10", 76kg, 32" waist. They are an excellent bit of kit, like all Endura Pro SL clothing, in my experience.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • RedClip
    RedClip Posts: 110
    crescent said:

Not quite sure about the pad, I didn't realise they were abailable in different widths. As far as sizing goes - I'm a medium in 99% of normal clothing but often size up +1 for cycling kit (especially Italian brands). These are not Italian though and a medium in these shorts fitted me perfectly - 5'10", 76kg, 32" waist. They are an excellent bit of kit, like all Endura Pro SL clothing, in my experience.

Awesome. Thank you for your feedback :)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited August 2020
    I ride a narrowish Arione saddle, and so went for the narrow pad, and it works beautifully.
    I've never seen the different width pads as the narrow one worked for me from the off, so not able to shed any light on that sorry.

I am circa 67kg, and wear XS, most of my other shorts are small (Rapha, Ale, Castelli) and I like a snug fit.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • RedClip
    RedClip Posts: 110
    daniel_b said:

I ride a narrowish Arione saddle, and so went for the narrow pad, and it works beautifully.
    I've never seen the different width pads as the narrow one worked for me from the off, so not able to shed any light on that sorry.

I am circa 67kg, and wear XS, most of my other shorts are small (Rapha, Ale, Castelli) and I like a snug fit.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I ended up sizing up and buying the Medium with Medium pad (my saddle tells me I needed a Wide pad).
    But it was too tight around the crotch.
    So I then bought the Large with Narrow pad, this seems a lot better for me.
    The dimensions on the sizing charts seem massive between Medium and Large, but in reality there's just a small difference in fit.

There's less "overhang" with the Narrow pad, but apart from that I couldn't tell the difference between the pads for sit bone coverage etc.

The only downside in sizing up two sizes for me, was the leg grippers aren't tight against my legs and ride up slightly.

Comparing the pad between the Endura Pro SL and the Assos Mille GT Bib Shorts.
    I preferred the Endura's and didn't rate the Assos at all.