friday far beyond the pale horizon

'ning

long ride or long bask, not decided yet, cafes either way
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, grey miserable start to the day, busy day ahead especially for a Friday
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Compulsory day off today. Dull and cloudy but didn't have anything outside planned.
    Need to inspect the conservatory roof for damage after the monster hail the other night. Someone down the road stuck photos on Twitter of theirs full of holes :hushed:
  • Plants watered, they didn't need much - a sure sign the weathers changed. The air is damp with a fine mist

Cuppa followed by another cuppa, a little WFH before more cuppa's ride later if weather cheers up, beers tonight maybe
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    That cloudy, damp grey stuff can jolly well stay daan saaf 'cos it's lovely up here and just right for a pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Too much DIY type stuff to do in the garden to even dare ask if I'm aloud out on the bike.

I'm sick of CV now, Boris & Co have put the stopper on returning from through France which basically sausages my holiday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Why are you so loud on a bike? Does it need lubricating? Is it the effort you put in?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Last full of holiday in costa del Cornwall before another week in the people’s republic of Shropshire
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    pinno said:

Why are you so loud on a bike? Does it need lubricating? Is it the effort you put in?

Hope Pro 4 hubs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Pleasant temperature on the corporate hamster wheel today.

Yesterday evening's tramp fuel tasting event was scuppered by a request for Dad's taxi services. Couldn't really tell her sod off and pay for a taxi as she got invited to a party to celebrate A-level grades. On the upside I got to drive the Panzer down some empty back roads late last night and the cider is still in the fridge for this evening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    End of week two and a half back at work. Six to go, which is at least 5 too many.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh but not really feeling it today, too much stupid to fix. Fixing a bike for a mate later.
    Also got roped into Dad's taxi last night, normally she doesn't drink but thought she'd hit the tramp juice. Turned out she didn't drink so could have driven herself, at least she had the choice that way so can't grumble. I will be having a beer tonight though.

Too much DIY type stuff to do in the garden to even dare ask if I'm aloud out on the bike.

I'm sick of CV now, Boris & Co have put the stopper on returning from through France which basically sausages my holiday.

If you don't get out the car you don't have to quarantine, can you go through Switzerland and Germany then don't get out the car in France or Belgium?
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh but not really feeling it today, too much stupid to fix. Fixing a bike for a mate later.
    Also got roped into Dad's taxi last night, normally she doesn't drink but thought she'd hit the tramp juice. Turned out she didn't drink so could have driven herself, at least she had the choice that way so can't grumble. I will be having a beer tonight though.

If you don't get out the car you don't have to quarantine, can you go through Switzerland and Germany then don't get out the car in France or Belgium?
    He could take a crap in Switzerland and have a plastic bottle to p1ss in through France?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

He could take a censored in Switzerland and have a plastic bottle to p1ss in through France?
    Offering the border control guy a lemonade bottle of p1ss as proof of not having stopped in France would be funny. Not much further going the German route and no tolls so it's not a big deal.
  • pinno

End of week two and a half back at work. Six to go, which is at least 5 too many.

You had a choice and you didn't have to work.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    pinno said:

You had a choice and you didn't have to work.
    Yeah I did, but some honesty on the part of the employer would have helped the decision. They said they were nearly finished system test, and just needed help with prep and support for Go Live.

In fact, testing was laughably incomplete and still full of major technical fails, their data conversion is a total shambles, and the technical design guy lacks competence, to be polite. And... they know all this, but failed to mention any of it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_

I wonder if some enterprising soul will set up a temporary UK-Germany car ferry route...
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2020

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

He could take a censored in Switzerland and have a plastic bottle to p1ss in through France?
    Offering the border control guy a lemonade bottle of p1ss as proof of not having stopped in France would be funny. Not much further going the German route and no tolls so it's not a big deal.
    :smile: Just offer him a free bottle of 'Irn Bru' as a thank you go letting you through...

I'd go via Germany if only for the chance to have a go on a de-restricted section of the autobahn.
  • Stevo_666

I wonder if some enterprising soul will set up a temporary UK-Germany car ferry route...
    Maybe name the ferry 'The Dunkirk Spirit'?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608

Shame Grayling got kicked out, else I would have had such a contract by now. Don't have any ships, or crews, or experience, but that doesn't appear to be a problem for this Gummint.

• thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Das Boot probably isn't the best name.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Stevo_666 said:

Probably got with Lützow to both confuse and annoy.

Anyway faff of work nearly done I have beer and debating retaping the handlebars on best bike.
    Looks like its back to winter clothing though.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Bismarck or Tirpitz no good either?