thursday where there were eyes there were just two white opals

'ning

lazy ride, cafes, basking, it's good to have a routine
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well the weather forecaster on look north called it sea fret, it’s more like thick fog, shopping ,car washing, cycling
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Storms in Cornwall in the early hours meant wet and muddy walk with the hounds. Now drinking tea and deciding on where to run
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Another day of work, at least it won't be quite as sweaty after the rain overnight. Now got got couple of days of on/off thunderstorms to look forward to. Garden ould do with some water, mind you.

Also much relief here after Stropteen got the grades to get her preferred uni place. They downgraded her in one subject but it was more than enough anyway. Bloody UCAS website crashed but at least the school sent an email bang on time. Celebrations may be in order.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Well done to stropteen! Tramp grade ciders all round!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Somewhat moist out this morning, still warm of course. Traditional Thursday morning mild hangover is in evidence.
    Stevo_666 said:

Also much relief here after Stropteen got the grades to get her preferred uni place. They downgraded her in one subject but it was more than enough anyway. Bloody UCAS website crashed but at least the school sent an email bang on time. Celebrations may be in order.

Congratulations Sptropteen. We too will be celebrating, she went in to get the results and was so nervous she threw up before going in. Then she rang me in tears which was a worry until I realised they were happy tears, what a relief.
    Good luck with your day DHL.
  • hopkinb
    Hurrah for V68's daughter too!
  • Well done to all those whose strop-teans, little angels and what not got the grades they needed. Commiserations to those that didn't.
    UCAS website went down and is now very slow so call volume very low. I'm stuck here on a 07:00-20:00 shift so i'm hoping they fix the website in time for tomorrow when i'm not here!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    I've just got a stroppy teen.

Mild hangover here too, a few pints followed by a strong V & T at home has left me in a daze.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    edited August 2020
    Yeah to v68 & Stevo for producing smart kids
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Somewhat moist out this morning, still warm of course. Traditional Thursday morning mild hangover is in evidence.

Stevo_666 said:

Congratulations Sptropteen. We too will be celebrating, she went in to get the results and was so nervous she threw up before going in. Then she rang me in tears which was a worry until I realised they were happy tears, what a relief.
    Good luck with your day DHL.
    Well done to V Junior. Like you say, relief is the main feeling just now we got the result.

Mine seems totally not fussed about it all. Didn't even get out bed in time for the 8am e-mail...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Well done to stropteen! Tramp grade ciders all round!

Oh yes...got some 8.2% abv vintage tramp fuel in the fridge for later :)
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Yeah to v68 & Stevo for producing smart kids

Cheers tlw. I hope she's smart enough not to ask for a lift home tonight so I can have a bloody drink...
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Well done V68 and Stevo,s kids, hope you suitably rewarded them both.

I've offered her a free lift to Liverpool next month o:)
  • Stevo_666

Well done to all those whose strop-teans, little angels and what not got the grades they needed. Commiserations to those that didn't.
    UCAS website went down and is now very slow so call volume very low. I'm stuck here on a 07:00-20:00 shift so i'm hoping they fix the website in time for tomorrow when i'm not here!

Good luck with that DHL and thanks for the top tips yesterday. She didn't really have a plan B apart from resits, so doubly relieved.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Drink/biking stop on the return leg?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Drink/biking stop on the return leg?
    I like the idea ta, sadly first trip up I'll have Strifey in tow who will veto anything like that :/ May be possible if I can get her to stay home for future trips...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    tlw1 said:

Despite being v68 & Stevo they produced smart kids

:)

Some silly sod mangled themself in a Porker and wasn't wearing a seatbelt so gave themself a flying lesson which held us up on the wood run.
    So we did a Uee and got a BLT, Coffee cake and Coffee whilst we waited.
    Said bloke got another flying lesson in a chopper.

it's 'ot.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Some silly sod in a Porker ...

it's 'ot.

Thought you were talking about yourself for a moment, glad you weren't especially after the conversation about bouncing.
    Raining here now and rather cooler. Went for celebratory pub lunch with the family, thankfully rain held off until we'd finished.
    In a bizarre bit of symmetry the female child got the same results boy child did, even over the 2 sujects they did that were the same. The lad had been the only kid in the school to get an A* on photography, really irritated her as they'd show his work as an example of how to do things. Now the girl is the second one to achieve it, and she had a very different technique to him. Well chuffed.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Despite being v68 & Stevo they produced smart kids

:)
    Just to be clear, we each separately produced smart kids :p
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

it's 'ot.

Thought you were talking about yourself for a moment, glad you weren't especially after the conversation about bouncing.
    Raining here now and rather cooler. Went for celebratory pub lunch with the family, thankfully rain held off until we'd finished.
    In a bizarre bit of symmetry the female child got the same results boy child did, even over the 2 sujects they did that were the same. The lad had been the only kid in the school to get an A* on photography, really irritated her as they'd show his work as an example of how to do things. Now the girl is the second one to achieve it, and she had a very different technique to him. Well chuffed.
    What subject is she doing again?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    A level photography! My things are different from back in my day, etc etc 😊

Congratulations to da kidz. Those who didn't get screwed over by the system, I was listening to the discussion on the lunchtime news R4. What a cludge of a process that sounded.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

it's 'ot.

What subject is she doing again?
    Psychology at uni, did A levels in psychology, math's and photography which is quite a range.
  • hopkinb
    I'm trying to work out whether I love or hate that apostrophe. It certainly isn't possessive, but it could be indicating the missing "ematic". I am unsure. Are there any people out there who have a higher level of grammatical pedantry than me?

Cooled down a bit here post electric storm this afternoon.

Made Burmese chicken noodle soup for dinner. Was pretty damn good, though I say it myself.

• pinno
    edited August 2020
    hopkinb said:

I'm trying to work out whether I love or hate that apostrophe. It certainly isn't possessive, but it could be indicating the missing "ematic". I am unsure. Are there any people out there who have a higher level of grammatical pedantry than me?

Ahem.

A comma after 'but' only when it is connecting two independent clauses.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    We do indeed like Birdland.

Is a good thing after a full on working day (physical work see all you desk and mouse jockeys) bar the CK wittering to have a couple beers while watching Dauphine S2 on catch up with no gambling adverts. No spoilers please.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

Cooled down a bit here post electric storm this afternoon.

Made Burmese chicken noodle soup for dinner. Was pretty damn good, though I say it myself.

Phone put the apostrophe in, I wouldn't have bothered normally. But it's an abbreviation so technically correct I thought. At least it isn't math in the singular.
    Soup looks good.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    orraloon said:

No spoilers please.

Sungod pipped tlw1 to the win on the line.
  • pinno
    'Pipped'?! TLW was in the ditch after too much Tramp fuel.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Tramp fuel comes after the win
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Tramp fuel comes after the win
    Fair enough. Why did SG beat you then?