Bicycle Sizing Guide

If you failed to look into the sizing guide before buying it, it may lead to knee and back injury. Make sure that you’re riding the correct sized bicycle according to your body height.
This guide will help you to find the best sized bike according to your body height - https://blog.cyclop.in/bike-selection-and-size-charts/

Comments

• Well i'm 5"8 and I always ride 17" which is about right,but don't just look at the frame geometry as wheel size has a lot to do with the height of the top tube and stand over height.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What a load of bollocks.
    I need a larger frame than your 'one size doesn't fit all' guide. Why? Bbecause i have proportionally shorter legs for my height. the frame needs sizing for my torso length, not my overall height (one size too small on your chart) or in seam (2 sizes too small).

So basically an ill informed blog consisting of the usually bad advice all blathered together without doing any actual research.

Canyon have a great sizing tool to go with their direct sales model, suggest you check it out and you'll see how badly you've done.

And I'm a Cyclop page member as it happens.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ditto regarding inside leg measure. 49 or 50 for me, not 53 plus. If in doubt go to somewhere like CONDOR, get measured and buy/set up your bike accordingly.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • yearofthegoat
    yearofthegoat Posts: 71
    edited October 2020
    Might be just me, but I've always wondered why inside leg measurements are so often used, when you can adjust the seats on most bikes, but torso length isn't when it's more difficult to adjust the reach (appreciate you can change stems etc so it's not impossible).

I guess it's just easier to measure inside leg and then that taken from your height is more or less torso?

I'm looking for a new bike and am tempted by direct sellers online but that puts more importance on the sizing. Am leaning towards using a LBS so I can at least throw a leg over a few (stock-willing) first.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    If you have a bike that suits you, find the geometry chart for it. For a possible new bike that you cannot test ride, then get its geometry chart and compare. Two very important measures IMO are Reach and Stack.