Vitesse EVO TEAM eTap Road Bike (Force - 2020)

Had this bike under 2 weeks . Great bike untill it dropped the chain of the small chain ring and now its trapped between the frame and the small chain ring really didn't expect this under 2 weeks of having the bike. Informed wiggle of this issue hopefully this will be sorted out soon. Shame I can't ride it at the moment. I shall let you now how it goes with wiggle.

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Dropped chains happen, not sure what you expect wiggle to do about it.

Just remove the crankset (if you have the right tools) or failing that, take to your lbs.

Suggest you get a chain catcher installed (only a few quid and help prevent this)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Something of an over-reaction, surely..?
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    redvision said:

Dropped chains happen, not sure what you expect wiggle to do about it.

Just remove the crankset (if you have the right tools) or failing that, take to your lbs.

Suggest you get a chain catcher installed (only a few quid and help prevent this)

Agree with all of this.
    Crankset removal of a SRAM crank is just a 8mm hex key and a lot of elbow grease, no special tools required. Do it back up to at least 40nm once you've fished that chain out and fitted a chain catcher, no need for Wiggle to get involved.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Yep no blame on wiggles part here mine did it at the weekend an I fell off. Chaincatcher will solve all the issues