Thermally Transparent Tuesday

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited August 2020 in The bottom bracket
Thermally transparent is not something most houses in the UK seem to be it's 27c in the room currently. The dog is likely on the tiled kitchen floor loving it while me and the OH as trying to invent ways not to adhere to the bed shes also awake so it's fine I'm not annoying her with phone light.

Waiting for mystical storms which likely shall not appear. Likely take the dog out early before it heats up again before work and piping long strings of data into a number crunching device. Such fun is life (not).

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, misty at the moment, no rain forecast today either, not sure what’s happening today
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

think wind may have eased a smidge, long-ish ride, followed by pool-ish bask
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Half asleep now after the storms last night. It was only when I turned off the lights I realised there was a huge storm in the distance rumbling away and lighting up the sky almost constantly for about 3 hours.
    Need to work in the office today for the first time since April (I think) which will be interesting, commuting and all that. They want people to cycle to work, but they've taken away the showers due to covid :neutral:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    @step83 Please fix the thread title...

Slow day WFH. Did a conference call with the alleged technical expert. Gaak. Think I'll go off for a short ride to ease the stress. Shed based activity later perhaps, if not too cold. @oxoman you'll be pleased to know I am building another workbench in there, using up an old steel frame that was here for some other purpose. It'll be smaller - only 3m * 1.4m. :) Probably set it up with some permanently mounted up tools like wheel truing stand, bench grinder, drill press, chainsaw sharpening gadget...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Morning all. Wfh again, cool sea breeze (ok, air is still and humid) laying in bed waiting to use the shower. Mrs DHL kept me awake all night flumoxing and slouching. Will feed mini DHL before work.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Glad I'm not working with thistle 🤭🤭

I'm driving to work, adding to all that pollution and congestion.
    It's hot enough walking from the car to the office.
  • step83

@step83 Please fix the thread title...

Done good sir

lovely breeze but the indoor temp has not dropped below 26c, I guess my insulation is good then!

• Ahh, nice and cool on the deck, shaded by "the jungle" on the west-wall. Breakfast done. G&t for little DHL.

• parryman
    parryman Posts: 153
    morning all,
    Managed to spend £200+ on champagne before I even had my crumpets!
    (stocking up for a birthday drink up for my wife in a few weeks)
    Thankfully I know someone who can get it at trade prices.
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with hounds and chilled start despite some work meh. Swimming in the lakes by the cottage and using the hot tubs seems to be the maximum effort today
  • parryman said:

morning all,
    Managed to spend £200+ on champagne before I even had my crumpets!
    (stocking up for a birthday drink up for my wife in a few weeks)
    Thankfully I know someone who can get it at trade prices.

I hope you bought some drinks for the guests too.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    The Euro is up a cent and my air corridor hasn't yet been shut down.
    Even though I'm not planning on going by air anyway.
    What ever to do...
    Not that warm here in The North, I might even pull my sleeves down.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

...only 3m * 1.4m. :) Probably set it up with some permanently mounted up tools like wheel truing stand, bench grinder, drill press, chainsaw sharpening gadget...

That will only wind up the southerners who have to pay 10 grand an inch for land.

Bit grey here. Will tie up loose ends as the girls are back at school tomorrow. First time since March 23rd.
    It will be slightly strange.

I can only assume that SG is in the very brown category.
    I don't suppose you also have very white teeth to match?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    In the office. Was due to cycle in but a knackered tyre valve and no spare put paid to that. That'll learn me. At least train and tube had plenty of room.

Waiting for laptop to new fixed by IT and dentist later. What a joy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    pinno said:

...only 3m * 1.4m. :) Probably set it up with some permanently mounted up tools like wheel truing stand, bench grinder, drill press, chainsaw sharpening gadget...

That will only wind up the southerners who have to pay 10 grand an inch for land.

Bit grey here. Will tie up loose ends as the girls are back at school tomorrow. First time since March 23rd.
    It will be slightly strange.

I can only assume that SG is in the very brown category.
    I don't suppose you also have very white teeth to match?
    six foot two and eyes of blue, tan coming along nicely, the ladies of the cafe set will swoon when they see me again :smiley:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Scorchio again. Started work early this morning and have now jacked it for the day. By the time I stopped at noon shade temp was 30 and I was working in the sun... See me, I'm hard, see 😎

Now what to do for the rest of the day...? It will involve shade.
  • COAB, spend six months moaning about not being able to go on hols over the summer, then complain about it being a bit warm at home FFS.
  • step83

COAB, spend six months moaning about not being able to go on hols over the summer, then complain about it being a bit warm at home FFS.

I usually go abroad in summer to somewhere cooler!
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

COAB, spend six months moaning about not being able to go on hols over the summer, then complain about it being a bit warm at home FFS.

I usually go abroad in summer to somewhere cooler!
    Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next ski season.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • B'stard. My boss, that normally moans about cyclists, has broken his arm after falling off a bike :s So i have to go into uni all day thursday to do clearing. 7am start. oh, and i have to sift through 200hrs of awful training cr@p first.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

<
    six foot two

I always had you down as a shortarse. About 55kg and 5 ft 6.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the office but with the aircon working and none of the whingers in the temperature was lovely. 'kin hot now though.
    Tried to get an earlier appointment for MRI follow up but nothing until the 28th. I'm bored of this to such an extent that I'm considering trying to run. Not before it cools down and hopefully I'll see sense by then.
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

<
    six foot two

Have you not seen a picture of shiny bike, it's lovely and built for someone of a normal size. I just have to figure out how to convince SG to leave it to me in his will.
  • Evening folks,
    Busy day in the office but with the aircon working and none of the whingers in the temperature was lovely. 'kin hot now though.
    Tried to get an earlier appointment for MRI follow up but nothing until the 28th. I'm bored of this to such an extent that I'm considering trying to run. Not before it cools down and hopefully I'll see sense by then.

hopkinb said:

sungod said:

<
    six foot two

Have you not seen a picture of shiny bike, it's lovely and built for someone of a normal size. I just have to figure out how to convince SG to leave it to me in his will.
    It's the 24" wheels that do that.
  • sungod
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

<
    six foot two

cheek!

i had thought of an invitation to petit-déjeuner at colbert, but after that i'm not so sure
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    I once had an Airnimal Chameleon with 24" wheels when i was still a corporate hamster wheel operative commuter, did NOT want to be one of those Brompton w@nkers. Loved that bike. Sold it when I bought my Kona Sutra tourer.

Anyways. The mercury in the shade hit 35 this pm. I have mainly done nothing this pm but shelter. I watched the big cumulonimbus clouds start to form 2 hours ago, now dispersing with no donner und blitzen yet. Another hot one promised tomorrow when I am supposed to be doing a full day ~ will see how that goes.
  • pinno

I'm considering trying to run.

I didn't realise you also suffered a blow to the head.

Can someone get a picture of Sungod please.
    Preferably mostly bike in the picture.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Just hang around the 'Sugar Daddy Cafe' in SW3 with a telephoto lens .
  • thistle_
    Managed a pleasant 25 mile ride after work. Temperature has dropped a bit but still humid which was oddly nice.

On the way back down there was what seemed to be an agricultural version of dogging going on: land rovers, bobcats, a couple of quads parked up on a lane and a big group of red nosed, small eyed angry looking farmers comparing sheep or something.
    Didn't hang around to find out more, my arse was already sore from the sweaty cycling.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Shouldn't have listened to the censored weatherman, I could have ridden in to work today quite safely. Do I temp fate do tomorrow ?

Yeah.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Just hang around the 'Sugar Daddy Cafe' in SW3 with a telephoto lens .
    That place must be well frequented.