Groupset: Deore 12 Vs SRAM NX

I building a new bike and budget seems to lead towards either the new Deore 12sp or a SRAM NX for the groupset.

The Shimano would mean a microdrive rear wheel and SRAM uses a traditional HG. For that reason the Deore appeals as more future proof(?) I don't have a wheel set yet, so that doesn't influence my choice.

Anyone have an opinion or experience with either?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
.•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited August 2020
    I have no direct experience of those two drives, but from what I've read on Forums and reviews, the Shimano 12-speed is the one to go for vs the Sram SX.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Shimano is my preference over Sram but not much difference between this and the NX in performance and durability. My Buddy uses Sram NX 1x11 and has no issues and has been on par with my set up so far.

I'm very happy with my Shimano SLX shifter and mech, Sunrace cassette,1x11 set up and don't consider I will need to go 1x12 anytime soon.

I will be sticking with standard Shimano HG freehubs too as they are the most versatile. Microspline and XD Drivers reduce cassette options.

Options exist for cassettes which are HG compatible, (including 12 speed) and think there will always be a place for HG in the future and will remain relevant for a long time to come.
  • parryman
    parryman Posts: 153
    Turns out the Deore is surprisingly hard to source, and Wiggle knocked £30 off the price I was considering for the NX Eagle, so I pulled the trigger on that.

Thanks for your input everyone.
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman