Monday, Should this really be happening?

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited August 2020 in The bottom bracket
Morning, cool but bright we might see some sunshine on the eastern side
In charge this week, good job there’s only Tigger and myself
Cycling , lawns to cut etc etc
Have a good week

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    'ning

i shall ride around, cafes, shops, cafes perhaps a crêpe, bask
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Sat in my home office "working", which involved listening in for a few hours on a workshop testing session.

Now think I'll cancel the rest of the afternoon and go for a walk. Best option for sure.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Gray and breezy again in the Creative County, though I suspect not as breezy as where SG is.
    Today, I will be adding to the bicycle count on the roads of Cannock and east Staffordshire, keeping a keen lookout for Oxo.
    Did I mention the breeze? Fcuking weather!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, also grey an breezy in Heckville. Fell off again yesterday same as last week expect new cleats an I'd stripped the pedal down to clean so a bit achy today.

WIll fix that using the R540's off my other bike for now. Dislike this Monday I really do need to book some time off so I can have a lay in or something, dog doesn't care OH was also up early for work. I say work its more just making sure the trucks are actually heading to Dover not just chilling at the track still.

Anyway interesting numbers to crunch and later some lovely design work to do.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Slow start, not entirely unexpected. Only managed 1 cup of tea so far which is slacking a bit.
    Looking to buy some stuff for adventures later this week but apparently Hermes are taking 5-7 days to deliver anything.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Early start but only managed to walk hounds as eldest was up and we went to the hot tub

Love holidays, now a run and then the sand stuff followed by pub
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Amazingly the water stayed in the hot tub despite obviously being on its side
  • step83
    Clearly not quite far west enough for it to fall out TLW
  • ballysmate
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Sorry Bally you wont catch me today as im at work. Although if you cycle north west Leicestershire or south Derbyshire you may catch me. Gentle bimble in on the bike fully loaded. Hopefully this weather won't be to damp later.

Occasionally do both. Out to Twycross Zoo, back via Walton on Trent then home via Alrewas. I can then legitimately say that I have cycled 4 counties. Warks, Leic, Derby and Staffs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Gravity is much stronger where TLW is. Is that why those Wes' cuntry folks are so short?

I see lightening strikes have taken out full stops in Lincolnshire already. What next?

Muggy here here. Hopefully a thunderstorm is a comin'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    pinno said:

I see lightening strikes have taken out full stops in Lincolnshire already. What

...........Anything can happen in the next half hour.............

• Overnighted at the outlaws, Half price lunch at the pub today. Sapphire Anniversary or something.
  • pinno

pinno said:

I see lightening strikes have taken out full stops in Lincolnshire already. What

...........Anything can happen in the next half hour.............

Phew - you got them back.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    How about apostrophe's? :)

Another hot day on the corporate hamster wheel, thankfully no meetings etc so can catch up on a few things. Trying to plot a day mountain biking in the near future but need to avoid tropical heatwaves and thunderstorms, which is making it a bit tricky.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

Trying to plot a day mountain biking in the near future but need to avoid tropical heatwaves and thunderstorms, which is making it a bit tricky.

You tend to get a few PBs when you're up a mountain and it starts thundering and lightning.

• Stevo_666
    This is Kent we're talking about here - there are no mountains, which is a good excuse for my lack of PBs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    pinno said:

Gravity is much stronger where TLW is. Is that why those Wes' cuntry folks are so short?

I see lightening strikes have taken out full stops in Lincolnshire already. What next?

If your bored, Exeter up to Swansea are Currently taking a battering storm wise.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#
  • lincolndave
    Stevo_666 said:

Will this do Stevo “colon” ?

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

It seems to be an appropriate word here Dave :)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Rush rush rush here, managed to actually get out of bed early for a change and get a 35km ride in before work.
    Is 83.9kmh considered fast on a bike?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614

Is 83.9kmh considered fast on a bike?

83.9kph? Did you use one of those power-up cheats?

Frusgrating morning dealing with laboriously impractical procedures of institutions financial. No you can't log on to change your address as your account is dormant so we'll keep sending paper to your old address. No you can't do it over the phone, you have to go to a branch with proof of id... No you can't go paperless as you cannot log on... No you can't just close the accounts over the phone, even though there is a total of 28p in them.

Sweaty walk to find open branch. 20 mins of tedium. Oh you owe us 1p on one of those accounts. How? No can't tx 1p from the other a/c as cannot pay in to a dormant account. Jeez. This is a 1st division entity?

Now trying to cool down, physically and temper, as thermometer goes 30, 31, 32...

Working Tu, W, Th. Better cool off a bit or I'm fried.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Not keen on this work malarkey, I need a holiday. Should I just delete all the unread emails that I haven't looked at yet, there's only 416 left now. Might stop for some scoff next.
  • tlw1 said:

Amazingly the water stayed in the hot tub despite obviously being on its side

A bit like the Titanic's swimming pool then.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • pinno
    step83 said:

pinno said:

If your bored, Exeter up to Swansea are Currently taking a battering storm wise.

I'd go there but there's a headwind.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

He asked for it with yet another boring thread title.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

He asked for it with yet another boring thread title.
    If you've got time on your hands, maybe you could invent a 'sungod-style random interesting thread title generator'.
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

I'd go there but there's a headwind.
    Get some of homers power up cheats you'll be fine he's cruising at near HGV speeds anyway
  • ballysmate
    Pedalling has been completed. No sign of Oxo. Sat in sunny garden for lunch and beer.
    Sporting Aussie hat (no corks) to save my shiny pate.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    step83 said:

Get some of homers power up cheats you'll be fine he's cruising at near HGV speeds anyway

There was no power involved, just a big hill and a tailwind.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Currently melting up north in the humid hell hole of wincanton. Can't wait to return to nice soothing breeze on the south coast. I'm driving so I'll actually be looking forward to my G&T.