Sunday, the best day always

00.11 and can't sleep. More kitchen "refresh" later and lazing in the sun.
Not a Giro Hero!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just walked the dog It’s spitting with rain , early ride , catch a few rays later
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    'ning

long ride, many cafes, much basking
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Hounds walked, little run cut short with dodgy tum. Now make subtle noises until I wake up the family so we can eat
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Another hot one here, so will be running in the woods before it heats up too much. But coffee first. Hounds are currently crunching their way through raw chicken wings for brekkie. Think I'll make do with porridge.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    I don't mind this slight bending of the rules FVR but the thread title - boring and unambiguous.
    'Hotting'* up nicely here. So far temperature is exceeding the forecast. I'm off for a pedal.

*Jockland standards.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Overcast and rel cool here but forecasting back into the 30s this afternoon when the grey stuff burns off in t'valley. Need to get off t'internet and get my arris out for planned ride before scorchio returns. Promising beers 'n' barbie laterz. 😎
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I don't mind this slight bending of the rules FVR but the thread title - boring and unambiguous.
    'Hotting'* up nicely here. So far temperature is exceeding the forecast. I'm off for a pedal.

*Jockland standards.

Freddie may not be aware of da roolz yet...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno said:

*Jockland standards.

First come, first serve. Did l steal someone's thunder? Boring and unambiguous. Impressive for 0953, young glasshopper.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

*Jockland standards.

First come, first serve. Did l steal someone's thunder? Boring and unambiguous. Impressive for 0953, young glasshopper.
    Sungod's usually up first Freddie, but the daily thread golden rule is that you have to have gone to sleep before starting the thread, otherwise you're a dirty cheat. Pinno and the boys will be paying you a visit later.
  • Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

*Jockland standards.

Sungod's usually up first Freddie, but the daily thread golden rule is that you have to have gone to sleep before starting the thread, otherwise you're a dirty cheat. Pinno and the boys will be paying you a visit later.
    Ah, thanking you muchly for the explanation. Tea and crumpets on the lawn for pinno and the boys seems best.

Pip, pip.

Not a Giro Hero!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    i'm lazing until almost 6 now as dawn is so late here

absolutely banging headwind for the first half, way easier on the return

almost basking time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

*Jockland standards.

Ah, thanking you muchly for the explanation. Tea and crumpets on the lawn for pinno and the boys seems best.

Pip, pip.

Pinno might get the wrong idea about being offered crumpet :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon folks, made it home in a little under 22 hours. Holiday was great, kipping in the car is not great. But we didn't interact with any plague ridden Frenchies that way. Don't think we need to quarantine anyway. Need to sort a few bits out this afternoon then catch up on kip.
  • pinno

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

*Jockland standards.

Pip, pip.

Crumpets of the flour based kind? Eegad. I'll bring some pastries.
    If you invite Sungod, he might bring Madelaine's and bubbly.

Super dooper ride today. Perfect 23 degrees and just enough of a wind to glide home.
    Now stuffed after too many thick pancakes.

Must fettle - think my rear caliper is fooked.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Perfect winter day, still and sunny. Finished fettling new bike and out for test pootle in the afternoon. Needs some fine tuning, but otherwise very nice.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    Wot I have learned today. That you can run tubeless at low pressure.

1st ever tubeless flat. Turned out was a leaking valve, by time I found that out I had spaffed (FatBo terminology there) my CO2. No worries. Minipump. Never used in anger. Fell to pieces. Xxxx it, I'm 25km from home. Could be an expensive taxi ride back, Sunday rates and all.

Managed eventually to hold the pump plus the dodgy valve together enough to get some air into the tyre. Better luck it was the front. Can I nurse it back home this soft? Turned out I can. Resuit.

Cold beers soon.
  • pinno

Perfect winter day, still and sunny. Finished fettling new bike and out for test pootle in the afternoon. Needs some fine tuning, but otherwise very nice.

Wtf is that ^ ?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    orraloon said:

Managed eventually to hold the pump plus the dodgy valve together enough to get some air into the tyre. Better luck it was the front. Can I nurse it back home this soft? Turned out I can. Resuit.

Makes cornering interesting though.

• orraloon

orraloon said:

Makes cornering interesting though.

😊 I was very soft pedalling all the way back! Had got to c. 30C by then so gentle was good.
  • thistle_
    'noon
    Couldn't sleep either so got up at stupid o clock and started walking the long distance path with the name that the forum censors out.
    Didn't get as far as I hoped but meant I could get a lift back instead of a 2 hour train ride.
    Forecast scorchio again today so slapped on the suncream and it was damp and misty the whole way.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Wtf is that ^ ?
    It's a bicycle, this is a cycling forum so you have to expect that kind of thing from time to time
  • thistle_
    Wheelspinner's winter day looks much warmer and sunnier than a summer day over here
  • pinno

pinno said:

Wtf is that ^ ?
    It's a bicycle, this is a cycling forum so you have to put up with that kind of thing from time to time
    FTFY.

• Stevo_666
    Maybe WS does a bit of light off road duty on it, God forbid. Or he's just not a member of the 'Roadie snobs r us' club.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Maybe WS does a bit of light off road duty on it, God forbid. Or he's just not a member of the 'Roadie snobs r us' club.

Well I like it
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

That's his pub and beach bike.

At least one of the two given the background in his pic.
  • pinno
    edited August 2020
    Is the shocks to soften the blow when cycling drunk and bumping into Kangaroos?

Stevo_666 said:

Well I like it
    You're just a sook as we say in Jockland.

• Escaped from the zombie hordes.
  • Wheelspinner

Wheelspinner's winter day looks much warmer and sunnier than a summer day over here

Was only about 9 deg C yesterday.
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

Wtf is that ^ ?
    Reply with pic again for extra annoyance 😀

Sub 1kg carbon frame - check.
    Hand built wheels (by me) - check.
    Carbon post, saddle rails, bars, cranks, pedals - check.
    Tubeless high-volume tyres - check.

It weighs in just under 10kg, which given there’s 100mm of front travel and 2.35” wide tyres is pretty good. Spins along very easily at 30km/h, and I get to admire the scenery while doing it.

Round here, the roads - even the sealed ones - are just no fun on a roadie. I still have one, a Cervelo RS, and even on 25 front and 28 rear its unusably harsh on my neck and arms. Plus there’s a big network of trails and gravel roads criss-crossing the area so most rides involve a bit of filth.