Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

saturday there is no road but the road

'ning

repeat yesterday, perhaps wallow in the pool
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,260
    Morning, less tropical but still very mild, dog walked, early ride due to early afternoon bbq.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,358
    Car packed, dogs been for a run. Let’s go and sit on the motorway
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,216
    Morning All. Today will be spent doing very little other than pandering to the OH. No diy today as yesterday's diy nearly killed me, painting whilst clinging to the side of the house in 35 degree heat wasn't fun.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,174
    Well that's just silly Oxo. I suppose you were painting in white as well?

Glorious day today. Humph. Had not anticipated this and a ride would have been great but other plans were made.
    Better get to Jewson's whilst they are still open.
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

"Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,891
    Not glorious here as the forecast suggested but it's not raining and it's not boiling hot which is probably better for a race later on.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,783
    Warm but not too sunny so not scorching, just nice. Currently chilling in my local caff for lunch in between getting supplies. Exercise and a zoom call with some mates later on.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    30 plus around me so currently suffering. Managed to leave OH getting her retail therapy fix whilst i have a minute or 2 chilling.
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,891
    Boiling hot here on the turbo. Had to wring my gloves out and dangerously leave them in direct sunlight for a while.
    Bombing around on real tarmac was much cooler with the breeze. Many muppets out and about today - in cars, on bikes and on foot.
    Whilst driving OH around today I can honestly say that most roads full of cyclists around Cannock and East Staffs area. Never seen so many even on sportive days.
  • darkhairedlorddarkhairedlord Posts: 5,531
    Finally got both forks done. Kids in bed, just got the lego put away.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,605

Brrrr. What heatwave?
    hopkinb said:

Brrrr. What heatwave?

Who the fark are you?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Stevo_666 said:

Who the fark are you?

:D

I can't quite remember. But I know that it's much warmer out there than it is in here. Mmmm. Cold air. Unfortunately it's hers and not mine. Dog likes it too mind.

True, ours are lounging on the patio as its a slightly cooler out. And they're being attention tarts as Stropteen has a couple of mates round.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

I might move my camping sleep mat down here when it's like this. Brand new work from home hutch for Mrs H³. Cat 6 cabled ethernet, air con. Desk goes up/desk goes down. Comfy chair.

Are you around next week Stevo? Wouldn't mind a half hour chat on how you are dealing with DAC 6.
    hopkinb said:

Are you around next week Stevo? Wouldn't mind a half hour chat on how you are dealing with DAC 6.

Oh I see, you only turn up when you want something.

Air con; environmental disaster.

Tricky, 9yo
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

I'd have sent him an email.

Quite possibly, however, as I live in the uk I expect it will mainly be acting as a heating unit, or be inactive for approximately 350 days out of the year. Is that also an environmental disaster? Or do you not heat your house?

I shall fcuk off again forthwith.

edited 8 August
    hopkinb said:

I might move my camping sleep mat down here when it's like this. Brand new work from home hutch for Mrs H³. Cat 6 cabled ethernet, air con. Desk goes up/desk goes down. Comfy chair.

I'm probably around all week and in the office Tuesday: can do a Teams call sometime if you want. Might take part of Thursday off as it's Stropteens A-level results day though.

Edit: drop me an e-mail or pm so we can sort something without Pinno moaning :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Quite possibly, however, as I live in the uk I expect it will mainly be acting as a heating unit, or be inactive for approximately 350 days out of the year. Is that also an environmental disaster? Or do you not heat your house?

Tricky, 9yo
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,693
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

ignore him, he's just grumpy because he's too hot and has no air con

i like to strike a balance, 23 is about right, though 22 can be good on really hot days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    They have air con in Scotland, it's called the weather.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

We just open the window.

I love heat anyway - i'm Kenyan don't forget.

Tricky, 9yo
    pinno said:

We just open the window.

I love heat anyway - i'm Kenyan don't forget.

Stranraer - that well known tropical paradise?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

• veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,794 Lives Here
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Might take part of Thursday off as it's Stropteens A-level results day though.
    Of course, good luck to young 666. Feels like there's more of a lottery element this year.

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Might take part of Thursday off as it's Stropteens A-level results day though.
    Of course, good luck to young 666. Feels like there's more of a lottery element this year.
    Likewise, hope V Junior gets what she wants. I also reckon there's enough deferrals into next year to make a bit of wiggle room likely on grades if that's needed.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter