Boardman SLR 8.9c 2021 Cassette ratio?

Has anyone got one of these yet and can confirm what it comes with? Halfords (true professionals as always) mention it three times on their website, each different! I've asked them which is correct but I'm not sure if they're online help are bots or primary school children but their lack of knowledge is limitless (sorry rant over). Boardman website is more consistent.

Will be annoying if they've gone for a 11-30 as that's ludicrously low for a compact chainset and I guess is driven by one review I remember seeing when (trying to think of something negative to say) they said maybe it could have lower ratios.

Halfords

Cassette/Freewheel: Shimano CS-R7000 11 Speed cassette, 11-28T

Gears: 22 speed Shimano 105 and 11-30 cassette gives slick shifting over a wide range

The 50-34 Chainring and 12-28 Cassette give a good range for UK and Irish conditions

Boardman

A compact 50/34 chainset with 11-30 cassette offers a wide spread of gears for climbing and descending

Shimano CS-R7000 11 speed, 11-30

Comments

• Buy the bike and order a cassette from your usual supplier in the size you want. If the bike turns up with a size you dont want then either sell the old cassette or ask halfords to pay for it due to incorrect information.
  • Buy the bike and order a cassette from your usual supplier in the size you want. If the bike turns up with a size you dont want then either sell the old cassette or ask halfords to pay for it due to incorrect information.

Can do, was just asking to see if either of those hassly things weren't needed. Would also order a 11-26 or 28 now. They've also dropped the stem size on a small to 90mm so I'd have to replace that and even the bars have shrunk. Might just be too much hassle for a relatively cheap bike so would look elsewhere.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915

Buy the bike and order a cassette from your usual supplier in the size you want. If the bike turns up with a size you dont want then either sell the old cassette or ask halfords to pay for it due to incorrect information.

There is always the caveat that suppliers can change specs without notice, so don't think you will get anywhere with that.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    What's ludicrously low to one person might be just right. I've never had too low a bottom gear and often wished for even lower.
  • Anyway, back to the question. Anyone know what they actually come with?

Fenix: you have to admit 11-30T is a little unusual to come standard with a compact. They had 12-28T on the 2020 model which seems fine.